Deadline April 24, 2015
Job Posting #CUPE 11.15 - Repost
Position: Community Dietitian
Status: Permanent Full Time (35 hours per week)
Employee Group: CUPE Local 4700
Salary: $38.92; less $1 for first six months
Department: Health & Social Services
Division: Haldimand-Norfolk Health Unit
Reports To: Program Manager, Community Health Team
Location: 12 Gilbertson Drive, Simcoe
Posting Period: April 13, 2015 – April 24, 2015
Scope of Position:
Analyze and provide nutrition information to the community and facilitate health promotion strategies to address nutrition issues. Provide consulting services to health, education and social service professionals, community agencies and individuals. Problem solving with individuals, coalitions, professionals, community organizations and the media is a key component of our job.
- Research, interpret and convey current scientific information regarding food, nutrition, diet and health to health, education and social services professionals and consumers through media articles, newsletters, fact sheets, pamphlets, radio, conversations and presentations.
- Provide nutrition education, information and consulting service to community (to individuals and within a group forum) encouraging individual/group skill development regarding food and nutrition, including problem solving.
- Plan, implement and evaluate nutrition education presentations, workshops and in-service education for health, educational and social service professionals, community groups, local agencies and health unit staff.
- Develop, implement and evaluate many community-based programs that contain a nutrition component, with many different target groups.
- Facilitate/assist community groups to address nutrition and food security programs/issues relevant to the community;
- Advocate for education programs/policies.
- Identify nutrition promotion programming needs by reviewing epidemiological, socio-demographic and behavioural assessment data and/or collecting and analyzing current/new data related to nutrition.
- Assist with/promote relative policy development and implementation of same in community sectors such as schools, workplaces.
- Assist in the preparation of operational plans and other reports as required.
- Maintain current level of knowledge relative to food, nutrition and health regulations.
Knowledge & Skill:
- Must be a registered member in good standing with the College of Dietitians of Ontario (with education requirements as outlined by the College).
- Two to three years relevant experience (inclusive of internship), preferably in community nutrition programs, health & nutrition promotion, community development, program planning, implementation and evaluation.
- Well-developed oral and written communications skills.
- The ability to use corporate standard computer software and computers.
- The ability to work independently or as a member of a team.
- Proven interpersonal skills.
- A valid Ontario driver’s license and have access to a vehicle as travel is required.
- Must be aware of safe work practices as they relate to job responsibilities and work environment, and have the basic understanding of the Occupational Health & Safety Act.
The Corporation of Norfolk County is an equal opportunity employer. Accessibility accommodations are available for all parts of the recruitment process. Applicants need to make their needs known in advance.
Applications must be submitted through email, mail, fax, courier, or in person to Human Resources & Staff Development by 4:30 p.m. on the last day of the posting.
Human Resources & Staff Development - 21 Lynnwood Ave, Simcoe ON N3Y 2V7 - Phone: 519-428-9711 - Fax: 519-426-9876 - Email: email@example.com
Successful applicants are required to provide the Employer with a current Criminal Reference Check.
Thank you for your interest in this position. Only those to be interviewed will be contacted.