Deadline May 1, 2015
The National Initiative for the Care of the Elderly is sponsoring a student poster competition at the Annual NICE Knowledge Exchange 2015.
May 28, 2015
Students will have the opportunity to participate in a poster competition, presenting their graduate studies and/or research in aging. All submitted abstracts will be reviewed and successful applicants will be notified to present their poster to the audience during a 'poster viewing' session during the Annual NICE Knowledge Exchange, May 28th, 2015.
Posters will then be judged with students in attendance (mandatory) on the following criteria (criteria 1 to 4 being equally weighted):
- Quality of the Research (clarity of theoretical perspectives, method, sample, findings, discussion, limitations)
- Merit of the Research (validity of conclusions, relevancy to field of aging, potential for application)
- Quality of Abstract and Content (coherence, logical flow, grammar, spelling, concise abstract)
- Demonstrated Understanding of the Student (recognition of limits of the study, familiar with research context)
- Special Merit marks will be awarded for innovative, novel research projects.
Prizes will be awarded to the best Undergraduate, Masters, and PhD poster. The winning posters will be posted on the NICE website.
To enter the competition, please submit your abstract through our abstract submission form: http://www.nicenet.ca/anke-2015-abstracts.
The deadline for submitting your abstract is 5:00 p.m., Friday May 1st, 2015.
If your submission is accepted, you will receive notification by May 8th, 2015.
Please note that the maximum size for posters is 3' wide by 3' high. Accepted posters larger then this size will be disqualified from the poster competition.
A special reduced poster printing fee has been negotiated with UTPoster.com. Printing costs of posters will not be covered.
For further information please contact Raza M. Mirza via email at email@example.com or via telephone at 416-978-5968.