Deadline May 15, 2014
The Middlesex-London Health Unit has an exciting opportunity for a temporary, full-time Epidemiologist ending November 2015, with the possibility of extension. The Epidemiologist will work within the Environmental Health and Chronic Disease Prevention Services Area. Responsibilities include managing areas such as, but not limited to, health assessment, surveillance and continuous quality improvement. Additionally, the Epidemiologist will manage program evaluation activities and staff in this service area.
- Masters or PHD in Epidemiology or related field, and experience in applied epidemiology; previous experience in public health would be considered an asset;
- Knowledge of current public health issues, particularly those relating to chronic disease prevention, tobacco control, built environment, injury prevention, food & water safety, health hazards and rabies would also be considered an asset;
- Demonstrated skills in the theory and application of epidemiological concepts and quality improvement principles;
- Demonstrated knowledge of methods to support program planning, evaluation and evidence-informed decision making;
- Experience managing staff;
- Effective project management skills and experience;
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, problem solving, and organizational skills;
- Knowledge of health data sources and statistical packages;
- Experience using statistical software such as Stata or SPSS and familiarity with other software packages and programming languages currently used to collect, analyze and report epidemiological data in Ontario; good skills in Microsoft Office;
- Ability to prepare written reports, and make oral presentations, including the ability to summarize complex data into understandable, user-friendly explanations and formats;
- The ability to communicate in French or other languages would be considered an asset.
Please see http://www.healthunit.com for further information about our programs and services. To apply to this position, please submit all applications electronically via our Career Opportunities page by May 15, 2015, quoting posting #: EHFTEPIOPP-0515-01.
Information concerning applicants is collected under the authority of the Health Protection & Promotion Act, R.S.O. 1990, c. H-7, as amended, and will be used to consider suitability for employment. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. The Health Unit is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Accommodations are available, upon request, to support potential applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. Should you require accommodation, please contact our Human Resources Department at 519-663-5317, extension 2512 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Mission of the Middlesex-London Health Unit is to promote and protect the health of our community.