Deadline May 21, 2015
Draw on your passion. Shape our community.
York Region is one of Canada’s fastest growing municipalities and as part of our diverse and highly engaged team, you’ll have the opportunity to work on innovative projects that foster economic vitality, further a sustainable environment, enhance our public services and promote a healthy community. York Region is an equal opportunity employer committed to an inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection process and as we grow, it’s important that our workforce reflect the citizens we serve. At the Region, we respect, encourage, and celebrate our diversity. If contacted for an employment opportunity, please advise if you require accommodation. For more information on a career with York Region, please visit www.york.ca/careers
Manager, Infectious Diseases Control (2) #17376
Control of Infectious Diseases/Outbreak Management Program Area
Community and Health Services Department
Public Health Branch, Infectious Diseases Control
Location: Vaughan, Ontario. This is a Non-Union position.
Scheduled Weekly Hours: 35; Scheduled Shifts: 8:30 – 16:30
Full-Time, Salary $ 109,490- $128,788 annually
Reporting to the Director, Infectious Diseases Control, the manager is responsible for managing and coordinating the planning, implementation and evaluation of designated programs within the Infectious Diseases Control Division with a focus on management of communicable diseases cases and outbreaks, in compliance with the Health Protection and Promotion Act, other relevant legislation, Ontario Public Health Standards and Regional policies, procedures and standards.
- Successful completion of a Baccalaureate Degree from a recognized university in Business or Public Administration, nursing, environmental health, or a related field.
- Minimum five (5) years progressive experience in infectious disease control preferably in a public health setting, including demonstrated supervisory or leadership experience.
- Demonstrated knowledge and skills in case/contact management and outbreak investigations.
- Knowledge of basic epidemiology and demonstrated ability to interpret descriptive epidemiologic data, tables and graphs.
- Demonstrated knowledge of relevant Legislation, Standards, Acts and Regulations.
- Knowledge of and demonstrated ability in corporate core competencies including customer service, communication, team work, initiative/self-management.
- Demonstration of Departmental competencies, including flexibility and adaptability, accountability, strategic thinking, innovation and creativity, and collaboration.
- Management competencies including results/achievement focus, human resources management, leadership, financial management, business planning, decision making/judgement, representation and professionalism and job knowledge.
- Contemporary supervisory and human resource management skills, knowledge of collective agreement administration and interpretation, and labour relations principles and practices.
- Strong report writing, research, analytical and project management skills to meet program objectives and work to tight deadlines.
- Computer literacy utilizing MS Office software applications.
- Demonstrated good judgement and the ability to perform well under stress and when handling emergencies.
- Demonstrated ability to plan, implement and evaluate programs and services in an assigned program area.
- Ability to work outside regular hours, as required, and shares an on-call schedule.
Please apply on-line at http://www.york.ca by May 21, 2015, quoting competition #17376. We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. For additional information on York Region, please visit the above-mentioned website.