Deadline May 29, 2015
Status: 3 Month Contract
Sector: Community – Family Health Team
LHIN: Central West Local Health Integration Network (CW LHIN)
Region: Peel Region
Deadline: May 29, 2015
Anticipated Start Date: June 10, 2015
Queen Square Family Health Team (QSFHT) provides primary health care, including chronic disease management, health promotion and disease prevention, to a rostered population of patients in the city of Brampton and surrounding area. The FHT employs an inter-professional team of health care providers who work in a collaborative model of care.
Operating within his/her full scope of practice, the Social Worker will collaborate with physicians, the interdisciplinary team and staff to provide a full range of quality services in patient care and the delivery of programs and services, also by focusing on the identification, provision and management of resources and strategies to improve patient health.
- Receives and reviews referral and requests for service to determine eligibility
- Conducts telephone screeners, and assess for risk
- Coordinate scheduling of patients
- Provides single session counseling services for patients
- Provides primary mental health care for patients with mild to moderate mental health illness
- Provides case management services, including links to community services in such areas as assistance
- with daily living, crisis intervention, health education and disease prevention
- Supports patients in managing their clinical plans including medication, appointments, healthy choices and lifestyle & supports patients in achieving goals in such areas as community integration, health and wellness, employment, personal care, household management, housing support
- Bases practice on sound theoretical knowledge, evidence-based care and best practice guidelines
- Consults with a physician in accordance with the standards for consultation with physicians, and/or refers the patient to another health care professional
- Works collaboratively with other team members to manage the needs of patients
- Works collaboratively with the Psychologist and Social Work team to develop, monitor and evaluate the mental health services
- Facilitates referrals to other services as well as communication and networking between the primary care practice and hospital or home care
- Maintains relationships with networks, related professional organizations and other related service providers
- Creates and distributes educational material to patients as needed
- Other duties as required
Qualifications, Skills and Experience
- Post-Graduate degree in Social Work (Master of Social Work) from a recognized university is required
- Registration with the Ontario College of Social Workers and Social Service Workers and can provide evidence of liability insurance
- Minimum Three years counselling/therapy experience, preferably in a community setting is required
- Additional supervised clinical training
- Demonstrated knowledge of the Mental Health Act
- Experience in addictions counselling an asset
- Knowledge of and proficiency in the use of computer systems, software, particularly in Microsoft Office
- (Word, Excel, Outlook) and knowledge and experience in the application of electronic medical records (EMR)
- Experience in developing community linkages and relationships
- Experience in program development, implementation, monitoring and evaluation
- Proficiencies in assessment, motivational interviewing, psychotherapy and psychological counselling techniques for working with individuals, families and communities
- Ability to anticipate crises and apply crisis theory during crisis situations as appropriate
- Demonstrated skills in assessment, program planning, implementation and evaluation, health promotion and community development.
- Excellence in problem-solving and conflict resolution and superior interpersonal skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Exhibits an ability to be open and non-judgmental
- Demonstrated ability to work within a team or solo dynamic
Queen Square Family Health Team offers a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package, including medical and dental benefits. We also offer an attractive and rewarding work environment. Please note that only positions that work over 21 hours per week will be eligible for the benefit package.
Queen Square Family Health Team is an equal opportunity employer. We are situated in a multi-cultural neighbourhood and are committed to attracting and retaining a diverse and inclusive workforce who will work together to create & sustain a vibrant, healthy, safe and caring community.
While we thank all applicants, only those under consideration will be contacted for an interview. In Accordance with The Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA), Queen Square Family Health Team will provide accommodation, accessible formats and communication supports for the interview upon request
Interested candidates are invited to submit a detailed resume to the attention of firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the following reference in the subject line: SW-15052015
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Please note any telephone/ email inquiries related to this role won’t be accepted.