Deadline June 10, 2015
The Middlesex-London Health Unit is currently seeking a Public Health Nurse for a temporary, full-time opportunity, ending July 2016, to work on the Reproductive Health Team within Family Health Services.
The successful candidate will perform a variety of duties, such as:
- Function within the mission, philosophy & policies of both the Health Unit & the Service Area;
- Utilize evidence-informed practice;
- Work collaboratively with communities, groups, families & individuals to enable them to enhance their health & prevent disease;
- Collaborate as a member within Family Health Services teams and interdisciplinary teams;
- Facilitate prenatal, breastfeeding, and parenting classes as required;
- Other duties as assigned.
- Baccalaureate Degree from an accredited nursing program;
- Current Certificate of Competence from the Ontario College of Nurses;
- Valid Ontario Driver’s licence and own transportation;
- Excellent interpersonal & presentation skills;
- Very good organizational skills and initiative;
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, Power point presentations, and database software;
- Flexible work hours are required (evenings and weekends);
- Preference will be given to those with knowledge, skills, and experience related to reproductive health (preconception and prenatal), community mobilization, planning, evaluation, and comprehensive population health strategies;
- Ability to communicate in French and other languages would be considered an asset.
Please see http://www.healthunit.com for further information about our programs and services. To apply to this position, please submit all applications electronically via our Career Opportunities page by June 10, 2015 quoting posting #: RHFTPHNOPP-0515-01.
Candidates will be required to deliver a presentation during the interview.
Information concerning applicants is collected under the authority of the Health Protection & Promotion Act, R.S.O. 1990, c. H-7, as amended, and will be used to consider suitability for employment. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. The Health Unit is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Accommodations are available, upon request, to support potential applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. Should you require accommodation, please contact our Human Resources Department at 519-663-5317, extension 2512 or at email@example.com.
The Mission of the Middlesex-London Health Unit is to promote and protect the health of our community.