Deadline June 30, 2015
Community Care Access Centres (CCACs) are publicly funded health care agencies dedicated to getting people the home care and community care they need to stay well, heal at home and stay safely in their homes longer.
The South West Community Care Access Centre (CCAC) serves 60,000 people each year, across a vast region from Tobermory in the north to Long Point and Port Glasgow in the south. Our role is to get people the home and community care they need to stay well, heal at home and stay safely in their homes longer. We also help people transition through the system and to other living arrangements. We do it by working in partnership with clients, families, providers, community organizations, and others.
Patient Care Manager (Grey-Bruce)
Leading a care coordination team, the Patient Care Manager is responsible for managing daily operations to ensure that effective and efficient services are provided to clients and their families through the provision of care coordination services and long-term care home placement services.
In this key role, you will lead the delivery of client driven care services by building and maintaining relationships with community/hospital stakeholders, contracted service providers, and other health systems partners. You will also lead, participate and demonstrate an understanding of quality, risk and client safety principles and practice and follow all safe practices and procedures to support a safe client and working environment.
Successful candidates will demonstrate the following:
- University Degree in Healthcare or Business Administration or combined education and experience
- Demonstrated experience managing a team and monitoring service levels
- Knowledge of direct care coordination models used in community health care organizations
- Good knowledge of community resources (e.g., services and programs), and roles of health care professionals
- Knowledge of challenges and issues, methods and techniques for outsourced/ contracted services and service providers
- Knowledge of tools, systems and databases used in client service delivery and management
- Strong communication and stakeholder management skills to maintain and build relationships with health professionals, committees, services providers and local community agencies
- Practical knowledge of relevant legislation (e.g., Long-Term Care Act, Nursing Homes Act, etc.)
- Ability to speak and read/write French is an asset
For more information, please visit http://www.hrassociates.ca/swccac or call Heather Lucas at 416-237-1500 or 1-866-598-1500, extension 242.
How to apply: Qualified candidates are encouraged to forward a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by June 30th, 2015.