The Nutrition Resource Centre is excited to announce the launch of the NRC Navigator: http://opha.on.ca/Nutrition-Resource-Centre/NRC-Navigator.aspx.
This is a free online tool for health promotion professionals and community partners involved in healthy eating and nutrition across the health continuum. We hope that it will become a valuable resource to those involved in program and policy development.
When creating this resource, the NRC’s main objectives were to:
- Provide centralized access to the best available evidence in healthy eating and nutrition promotion, in select topic areas as identified by stakeholders
- Direct health promotion professionals to existing examples of programs and policies (at the local, national and international level)
- Direct health promotion professionals to resources and tools that can be used to adapt and implement programs and policies in their respective communities
- Encourage communication and collaboration by providing opportunities to submit, share and discuss content
The NRC Navigator can be found under the “NRC Navigator” tab of the NRC website: http://opha.on.ca/Nutrition-Resource-Centre/Home.aspx.
Initially, resources on the site will include previously vetted programs and policy development resources, mainly focused on child nutrition. Next, the NRC will add content to the NRC Navigator based on the priority topics that have been identified by our stakeholders. As the NRC Navigator grows, we will look for resources that have not previously been vetted, and will post our inclusion criteria for new resources that are added.
With the NRC Navigator, users will be able to:
- find resources by using the tool’s detailed filters and its powerful search field;
- create and email themselves a “My Resources” list;
- share links to resources via social media channels;
- discuss resources by sharing their comments; and
- submit a resource for potential inclusion using a simple, online form
We value your comments and questions about the NRC Navigator and are very pleased to share this new tool with you. You can share your thoughts by tweeting us @nutritionrc using the hashtag #NRCNAV or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.