Deadline June 30, 2015
Community Health – It’s a Partnership
Full-time Position Available
Hamilton Urban Core is a thriving inner city health centre and a leader in the provision of high-quality primary health services and health promotion programs. Our comprehensive health services are delivered through a dynamic team of multidisciplinary, inter-professional health providers who work with people who are marginalized, vulnerable and socially excluded.
The Wellness Counselor will work as part of the team in providing health interventions, services, support and wellness activities related to mental wellness, addiction, harm reduction and trauma as experienced by people living in poverty with complex and chronic health and social conditions. The Wellness Counselor will provide individual services and group programs on-site at the Centre and in the community with a focus on women’s health and wellness, and senior’s health issues.
- Relevant education and related experience
- Demonstrated experience working with individuals and groups that have been marginalized, isolated and/or excluded and experience barriers to accessing the services and information
- Demonstrated experience with various trauma, harm reduction, mental wellness and programs, strategies or activities
- Working knowledge of a wide variety of community resources and supports
- Solid experience with individual and group assessment and counseling
- Excellent communication, problem solving and record keeping skills
- Proficiency in the use of computers in the work environment
- Ability to work effectively as a member of a multidisciplinary, inter-professional team
- Flexible, able to work evenings and/or weekends as required
- Awareness of Hamilton Urban Core’s commitment to health equity, anti-racism and anti-oppression principles
- Knowledge of community health centres
Interested individuals should forward a resume and cover letter by 5:00 pm Wednesday, June 30, 2015 to:
The Wellness Counselor Hiring Committee
Hamilton Urban Core Community Health Centre
71 Rebecca Street
Hamilton, Ontario L8R 1B6
Hamilton Urban Core is committed to equity in employment.