Deadline July 15, 2015
Closing Date: July 15, 2015
Start Date: August 2015
Location: Toronto. Some travel is required.
Status: Permanent, Full-Time
For 30 years Health Nexus has been enabling communities to promote health in Ontario and beyond. We help organizations and individuals develop and implement prevention and health promotion strategies. We promote change through knowledge mobilization, create and nurture networks, mobilize leadership for healthy communities and strengthen organizational capacity and innovation.
Health Nexus seeks a Manager. The successful applicant will oversee and manage a dynamic team of staff that plans and delivers a range of health promotion services in both English and French. The Manager ensures strategic decision-making and programming; and that objectives are accomplished within the prescribed time frame and funding parameters.
- Strategically plan activities and initiatives determining objectives/outcomes, time frame, budget, staffing requirements, and allotment of available resources.
- Regularly direct, coordinate and monitor activities to ensure deliverables and activities are planned, implemented and evaluated effectively and efficiently, on schedule, and within budget.
- Support, mentor and supervise staff, individually and as a team ensuring deliverables are met and a strong team working environment.
- Recruit, hire and orient new staff.
- Problem-solve and support Health Nexus programs and staff to strive for excellence.
- Analyze program contributions, strengths and shortcomings; initiate improvements.
- Negotiate grants, work plans and contracts.
- Establish budgets; approve and monitor spending.
- Prepare reports to funders, partners, the Executive Director and Board of Directors.
- Ensure effective external relations and partnerships.
- Collaborate with partners, funders, clients and other stakeholders; identify and pursue opportunities.
- Promote Health Nexus and represent the organization externally.
- Participate in Health Nexus management; contribute to policy and practice development and implementation.
- Maintain a current and consistent base of health promotion knowledge and sector trends.
- Master’s level degree in a related field, and at least five years of experience in health promotion or community/public health programming/administration or equivalent mix of experience and education.
- Comprehensive understanding of health promotion and the broad determinants of health.
- Solid management, supervisory and budgeting experience.
- Demonstrated experience in project management and program design. Understanding of processes for educational resource development and provision of community level health promotion training/consultation supports.
- Strong team development, coaching, facilitation, and collaboration skills.
- Demonstrated strategic/analytic and judgment ability.
- Excellent verbal and written skills. Preference given to candidates with excellent oral and written proficiency in both English and French.
- Proven ability to determine priorities, anticipate and analyze problems, identify options, evaluate solutions and adapt plans as needed.
- Knowledge of diverse communities, including Francophones.
- Proficient skills in word processing, presentation software, e-mail, internet/intranet usage, spreadsheets & databases.
Please submit a letter of interest and resume, in confidence to:
Human Resources, Health Nexus
180 Dundas Street West, Suite 301, Toronto ON, M5G 1Z8
Please see our websites for more information (http://www.healthnexus.ca, http://www.beststart.org).
We thank all applicants for their interest. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Health Nexus is an equal opportunity employer.