Deadline July 17, 2015
One (1) Full-Time Position
Location: Toronto Office (Downtown) – Some travel in Ontario may be required
The Ontario Public Health Association (OPHA, http://www.opha.on.ca) is a not-for-profit member-based organization that is focused on advancing public health within the Province of Ontario and has played a key public health leadership role for over 65 years.
Funded by the Ministry of Health and Long Term Care, the Nutrition Resource Centre (NRC) has operated under the OPHA since 1999. The NRC is one of 14 health promotion resource centres operating in Ontario.
The NRC is currently looking to hire for a Consultant Position to assist on a number of key initiatives and responsibilities. This position will be critical to supporting the NRC's goals in capacity building, knowledge exchange, and program development. This position will have matrix reporting relationships with the NRC Program Manager and the OPHA Executive Director.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Consult and collaborate with community partners from across the health continuum (e.g. public health, community, primary care, etc.)
- Coordinate, disseminate, and evaluate nutrition program development resources for health professionals and health intermediaries
- Lead and assist in document development and review (such as evidence summaries, grant
- proposals and formal reports) as it relates specifically to healthy eating and nutrition programming
- Lead and assist in supporting the NRC’s priority populations (including Seniors, Aboriginals and French Language Services)
- Lead and assist in NRC communications, campaigns and other media relations
- Support capacity building and knowledge exchange projects (including webinars, workshops and conferences)
- Represent the NRC and OPHA at key stakeholder meetings and staff meetings to provide supports and updates
- Undertake literature searches and reviews with relevant health literature databases
- Develop and undertake research and evaluation proposal plans and methodologies (including data collection and verification)
- Coordinate logistical aspects of collaborative projects (e.g. minute taking, material preparation, correspondence, etc.)
- Must possess a Registered Dietitian (RD) designation
- University degree (Masters level, preferably in health sciences, public health or related disciplines) from a recognized institution
- 2-5 years’ experience in program development and evaluation in health promotion
- Knowledge and familiarity of the Ontario Public Health Standards
- Strong understanding of the public health sector and community agencies in Ontario and Canada, as well as municipal, regional and provincial government
- Excellent research and evaluation skills to research public health nutrition issues (familiarity with key health literature databases, proposal development, data analysis)
- Superior oral and written communications to respond to issues, prepare and present reports,
- briefing notes, materials and presentations
Please submit a cover letter and resume to: email@example.com no later than 5:00 PM on Friday July 17th 2015. Indicate in the subject line and in the cover letter that you are applying for the ‘NRC Consultant Position’.
Only qualified candidates will be contacted to proceed to an interview stage to be scheduled later. We thank all applicants in advance.
Closing Date: July 17, 2015