Deadline July 13, 2015
Consider this exciting opportunity with the Ministry of Health and Long-Term Care, Health Data Branch, where your passion for case costing, outstanding leadership and stakeholder engagement skills will contribute to the development and maintenance of Ontario case costing data standards and the expansion of case costing to new facilities across the Province.
What can I expect to do in this role?
In this role, you will:
- act as a primary contact and subject matter expert for the Ontario Health Data Standards (e.g. case costing)
- provide consulting service, advice and education on application of standards and related issues
- support the expansion of key health data and standards related initiatives such as the Ontario Case Costing Initiative
- lead and provide expertise for the development, expansion, evaluation, maintenance and enhancement of clinical, financial and statistical data collection standards
- support various data quality investigations and other analyses of financial, statistical and clinical data sets to ensure availability and quality of clinical data for strategic funding, policy and business planning decisions
Location: 5700 Yonge Street, Toronto, Ontario
How do I qualify?
- you have knowledge of the ministry's priorities and strategic directions for health care delivery systems and health systems operations, issues and related legislation (e.g. Public Hospitals Act, Ministry of Health Act, Private Hospitals Act, Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act, LTCH Act and other relevant health legislation)
- you have knowledge of financial, clinical and statistical information planning systems, websites and databases (e.g. case costing, Provincial Chart of Accounts, Hospital Service Accountability Agreement, Hospital Annual Planning Submissions, Ontario Healthcare Financial and Statistical Systems, Ontario Healthcare Reporting Standard, Long-Term Care Homes Rate Reduction Application, data submissions) and common office software applications
Research and Data Analysis Skills:
- you have knowledge of research theory and methodology, data analysis models and techniques, data interpretation, evaluation, reporting and data quality assurance techniques and tools
Conceptual, Analytical, Strategic Thinking and Problem-Solving Skills:
- you can analyze and evaluate highly complex data and statistics to support policy development, accountability and funding issues
- you can identify, manage, monitor and track systems changes and assess impacts and risks
Project Management and Leadership Skills:
- you can lead, plan, prioritize and manage analytical and reporting projects
- you can balance a demanding workload with competing priorities
Communication, Consultative, Negotiation and Relationship Management Skills:
- you can provide consultation on data submission and reporting requirements and processes
- you can prepare complex data information, briefing and issues management materials, reports and correspondence
- you can establish and foster productive cross-sector relationships with senior level decision makers, stakeholders and clients
Salary range: $67,590.00 – $99,600.00 per year
Please apply online, by July 13, 2015, by visiting http://www.ontario.ca/careers and entering Job ID 79264 in the Job ID search field. Please follow the instructions to submit your application online. Faxes are not being accepted at this time. If you need employment accommodation, please contact us at http://www.gojobs.gov.on.ca/ContactUs.aspx to provide your contact information. Recruitment Services staff will contact you within 48 hours. Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
The Ontario Public Service is an equal opportunity employer. Accommodation will be provided in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code.