Deadline July 22, 2015
Term: full time position
Start date: August 2015
Closing Date: July 22, 2015
Health Nexus provides a range of services that support individuals, organizations and communities to strengthen their capacity to promote health and build healthy and thriving communities. Our areas of focus include: early child development, chronic disease prevention and health equity (inclusion).
Health Nexus seeks a Bilingual Program Assistant to provide program and administrative support to several Health Nexus initiatives, including HC Link a consortium of 3 organizations and one of our key programs, and contribute to the overall administrative team. Fluency in both English and French is required. Location of work is Toronto.
- Assist in the planning, development, coordination and administration of program delivery activities (e.g. reports, proposals, work plans, monitoring activities and accomplishments, electronic newsletters)
- Manage or coordinate special projects as assigned (e.g. resource development, funding or proposal application)
- Coordinate meeting and event logistics, including space, equipment, online registration, catering, participant packages and minutes as necessary
- Contribute to resource and promotional material development, including liaison with researchers, writers, designers or printers. This may include simple design and formatting of documents.
- Contribute to the delivery of training or presentations and maintain / support partnerships with identified organizations and groups
- Coordinate and / or support assigned databases (e.g. contact, resource, subscriptions, subscribers, activities monitoring), including maintenance, monitoring, updating and improvement.
- Respond to general inquiries, some reception
- General administrative functions (photocopy, file, travel arrangements, etc.)
- University or community college degree in a related field, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Knowledge of health promotion and a good understanding of social issues
- Experience in health promotion, non-profit or related organization an asset.
- Demonstrated organizational and administrative and skills, with a high degree of attention to detail and the ability to work with multiple projects simultaneously
- Strong data entry skills and experience in maintaining data, accuracy required
- Advanced skills in MS Office Suite including word processing, presentation software, e-mail, internet/intranet usage, spreadsheets & databases
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work independently, be proactive as well as an integral team member
- Excellent oral and written proficiency in both French and English
Please submit a letter of interest and resume, in confidence to:
Human Resources, Health Nexus
180 Dundas Street West, Suite 301, Toronto, M5G 1Z8
We thank all applicants for their interest. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Health Nexus is an equal opportunity employer.