Central East Ontario
July to October, 2015
The Central East Community Care Access Centre, through our Self-Management Program, would like to invite all health care providers to participate in workshops to gain additional skills in self-management communication.
Brief Acton Planning (BAP) is a highly structured, patient-centered & evidence informed self-management support (SMS) technique based on the principles and practice of Motivational Interviewing (MI). It is a structured way of having a conversation with someone who is interested in turning their hopes for healthy behaviours into concrete plans and the core skills can be used by anyone interested in supporting others to make change. BAP is offered as a full or half day workshop.
By the end of the workshop participants will be able to:
- Describe the Spirit of MI in health behavior change
- Utilize three core questions during patient visits
- Demonstrate & receive feedback on 5 core skills for facilitating patient centered goal setting and problem solving
We have spots available for Health Care Providers to attend a brief Action Planning workshop on:
- July 7, 2015, 9:00 a.m.-4:30 p.m. Central East CCAC Peterborough Branch
- August 26, 2015, 9:00 a.m.-4:30 p.m. Central East CCAC Lindsay Branch
- September 2, 2015, 9:00 a.m.-4:30 p.m. Central East CCAC Port Hope Branch
- September 16, 2015, 9:00 a.m.-4:30 p.m. Central East CCAC Haliburton Branch
- October 2, 2015, 9:00 a.m.-4:30 p.m. Central East CCAC Scarborough Branch
- October 29, 2015, 9:00 a.m.-4:30 p.m. Central East CCAC Whitby Branch
Please note that all of our workshops can be arranged at your organization for an alternative date. If you are interested in attending or require more information, please call 1-866-971-5545.