Deadline July 20, 2015
**This job advertisement is posted by Association of Ontario Health Centres (AOHC) on behalf of Addictions and Mental Health Ontario (AMHO). The successful candidate will be hired as an employee of AMHO and will have no employment relationship with AOHC**
Research Policy Analysts
Two (2) positions available:
- One (1) Full-Time, Two (2) Year Fixed Term Employee Contract
- One (1) Full-Time, One (1) Year Fixed Term Employee Contract with Possible Renewal
Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer (CEO) or Designate, the Research Policy Analyst provides research, analytical, and consultation/ liaison services, prepares a range of policy and program information and communications in support of policy and program development. Additionally, this position provides project support as required.
Policy Research and Analysis
- Undertakes policy and issue analysis, develops options and recommendations and prepares appropriate supporting documentation;
- Assesses existing policies and programs to support further policy development;
- Researches and collects data, evidence and information from various sources to support policy and program development;
- Analyzes and evaluates policy/ program information and data, identifies issues and trends, and prepares analytical and statistical reports;
- Prepares a range of draft analyses, and policy/ program reports;
- Conducts policy analysis and research to assess implementation of policies.
Member, Partner and Stakeholder Consultation and Liaison
- Consults and solicits input on policies with AMHO members, partners, and external stakeholders;
- Develops and maintains contacts with members and key external stakeholders;
- Provides support to working groups involved in reviewing and developing policies.
Briefings and Information
- Prepares correspondence, information, presentations and question and answer packages and materials;
- Provides input into the development of communication strategies for the dissemination of information to members and stakeholders, and drafts correspondence in response to inquiries;
- Provides support to special projects as required.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Graduate or undergraduate degree in health or social policy, community services, or a related field;
- Minimum three years (3) of related research and analytical experience, preferably in a community health or social service setting;
- Knowledge of the community mental health and addiction sector or a related field, and current mental health and addictions issues and trends, relevant legislation, regulations, and policies;
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in research and analytical techniques
- Demonstrated knowledge of program and policy development principles and government policy-making processes;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills to respond to information requests, write reports, prepare meaningful analyses, draft correspondence, briefing notes and policy documents;
- Excellent presentation skills to effectively communicate information to a variety of contacts for research and in support of consultation processes, and to convey research findings to a variety of audiences;
- Excellent consultation skills to exchange information, discuss issues, gain support and liaise with other stakeholders and partners;
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills with strong attention to detail;
- Proficiency in the Microsoft Office Suite including Word, Excel, PowerPoint;
- Experience in a non-profit and/or provincial association is an asset.
Salary: starts at $55,000
AMHO offers competitive salaries and an excellent benefits package. Salary is commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Application Deadline: July 20, 2015 at 10:00am (EST)
Please e-mail your cover letter and resume in confidence to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please have “Research Policy Analyst AMHO-2015-003” in the subject line of your email.
We thank all applicants in advance however, only those under consideration will be contacted. Addictions and Mental Health Ontario is an equal opportunity employer.