Deadline July 26, 2015
Position: Registered Dietitian
Status: Contract Part-Time (0.4 FTE) – 9 months with possibility of extension
Sector: Primary Care – Family Health Team
LHIN: Central West Local Health Integration Network (CW LHIN)
Region: Peel Region
Deadline: July 26, 2015
Anticipated Start date August 20, 2015
Queen Square Family Health Team (QSFHT) provides primary health care, including chronic disease management, health promotion and disease prevention, to a rostered population of patients in the city of Brampton and surrounding area. The FHT employs an inter-professional team of health care providers who work in a collaborative model of care. The FHT is currently seeking a Registered Dietitian (RD) to join its growing team of health care professionals.
The RD is a key part of the patient care activities and should be comfortable working to their full scope of practice. The RD will function in close collaboration with the physicians and multidisciplinary health professional providers of the FHT and will assist in the primary care functions of the FHT. The RD will support patient care and the delivery of programs by focusing on the identification, provision and management of resources and strategies to improve patient health.
The RD is to practice according to the standards of practice as defined by the Dietitians of Canada, the Dietetics Act (1991) and the Regulated Health Professions Act (1991).The Family Health Team staff will be working on a schedule that equally meets the needs of the patients and physicians and evenings may be required.
The Registered Dietitian reports directly to the Executive Director of the FHT.
- Screens, prioritizes and processes client referrals
- Assesses nutritional needs through comprehensive consultations
- Develops individualized nutrition care plans based on comprehensive assessments
- Evaluates success of care plans and adjusts plans accordingly
- Consults on chronic disease risk through the assessment of a patient’s nutritional status
- Assesses trending issues and conditions among the FHT patient populations to identify potential group session initiatives
- Works with physicians on medication monitoring plans as they relate to nutrition
- Works collaboratively with other team members to manage the needs of patients
- Works collaboratively with the Registered Dietician on the team to develop, monitor and evaluate the nutrition services
- Collaborates with family physicians to incorporate nutritional components in the management of chronic diseases Communicates relevant nutritional information to other health care providers using EMR
- Facilitates referrals to other services as well as communication and networking between the primary care practice and hospital or home care
- Maintains relationships with networks, related professional organizations and other related service providers
- Conducts patient workshops and seminars
- Provides in-services/education to clinical team
- Exercises reasonable care and caution in protecting confidential and sensitive information related to clients and personnel
- Participates in the development, planning, and evaluation of FHT programs and services\Participates as a clinical team member in the development and delivery of targeted programs including but not limited to palliative care, cancer care, case management, chronic disease, mental health and addictions, reproductive and child health
- Facilitates access to community services and agencies when required
- Ensures that he/she is current and aware of new, evidenced-based methods of client assessment, treatment and programming
- Maintains and develops professional competence through ongoing professional development
- Models the values and philosophy of the FHT
- Provides timely and informative reports as directed and requested by the Executive Director and/or Physician Lead
Qualifications, Skills and Experience
- Completion of a four-year undergraduate university degree from an accredited university program in foods and nutrition or equivalent
- Registration with the College of Dietitians of Ontario
- Evidence of professional liability insurance
- Three to five years clinical counseling and community nutrition experience preferred
- Current experience in chronic disease management
- Experience in program development, implementation, monitoring and evaluation
- Group and educational intervention skills
- Excellent problem-solving and conflict resolution skills
- Understanding of community resources
- Superior interpersonal skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to work within a team or solo dynamic
- Knowledge and proficiency in current, evidenced-based methods and practices
- Proficiency in the use of the computer hardware and software
- Prior experience and knowledge of electronic medical records
- Willingness to update knowledge and skills through various means including technology-based opportunities, courses, workshops and conferences
- Demonstrated understanding of the goals, structures, policies and procedures of the FHT
Queen Square Family Health Team offers a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package, including medical and dental benefits. Please note that only positions that work over 21 hours per week will be eligible for the benefit package. We also offer an attractive and rewarding work environment.
Queen Square Family Health Team is an equal opportunity employer. We are situated in a multi-cultural neighborhood and are committed to attracting and retaining a diverse and inclusive workforce who will work together to create & sustain a vibrant, healthy, safe and caring community.
While we thank all applicants, only those under consideration will be contacted for an interview. In Accordance with The Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA), Queen Square Family Health Team will provide accommodation, accessible formats and communication supports for the interview upon request
Interested candidates are invited to submit a detailed resume to the attention of: email@example.com
Please include the following reference in the subject line: RD-15062015
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Please note any telephone/ email inquiries related to this role won’t be accepted.