Deadline July 22, 2015
Part-time, with temporary full-time hours until December 31, 2015
The Middlesex-London Health Unit has an exciting opportunity for a part-time Public Health Inspector, with temporary full-time hours until December 31, 2015. This position is with the Health Hazard, Prevention & Management, and Vector Borne Disease team within Environmental Health and Chronic Disease Prevention Services. Responsibilities include delivering comprehensive environmental health programs in the community; applying expertise in the areas of prevention, enforcement, promotion, protection, education, and research; protecting individual and community wellness through application of a variety of professional and technical skills in health protection, health promotion, and law enforcement activities; overseeing duties related to: drinking water, food safety, rabies, inspection of pools and spas. The focus of this position will be coordinating and working on special projects in the areas of: toxicology, remediation and reclamation, decommissioning, air quality (ambient (AAQ) and indoor air quality (IAQ), land use planning, special risk projects, climate change, and other health-related issues.
- Bachelor of Applied Science Degree in Environmental Health/Public Health and Safety
- Certified as a Public Health Inspector by the Canadian Institute of Public Health Inspectors (CIPHI)
- Thorough knowledge of Provincial Legislation concerning Public Health and the Ontario Public Health Standards and Protocols
- Valid Ontario Driver's Licence and own transportation
- Good computer skills in the areas of documentation, MS Office and database software
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Knowledge and previous experience in land use planning, toxicology, climate change & health, and air quality would be an asset
- Ability to communicate in French and other languages would be considered an asset
Please see http://www.healthunit.com for further information about our programs and services. To apply to this position, please submit all applications electronically via our Career Opportunities page by July 22, 2015, quoting posting #HHPPTPHI-0715-01.
Information concerning applicants is collected under the authority of the Health Protection & Promotion Act, R.S.O. 1990, c. H-7, as amended, and will be used to consider suitability for employment. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. The Health Unit is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Accommodations are available, upon request, to support potential applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. Should you require accommodation, please contact our Human Resources Department at 519-663-5317, extension 2512 or at email@example.com.
The Mission of the Middlesex-London Health Unit is to promote and protect the health of our community.