Deadline August 7, 2015
Street Health is a non-profit community based agency that works to improve the health and well-being of homeless and under housed individuals in the neighbourhood around Dundas and Sherbourne Streets, an area with the largest concentration of homeless shelters and drop-in centres in Canada by addressing the social determinants of health through programs, services, education and advocacy. Our vision is of a safe and healthy community where everyone has access, free of stigma, to affordable and appropriate housing, income security, and quality health care and services.
To evaluate and make recommendations about the Harm Reduction Peer program. The Consultant will work with Management, staff, peers, and other community stakeholders to deliver a report that includes:
- Review available documentation about the program
- Provide a detailed review and analysis of current peer program strengths and challenges including recommendations for future program outcomes.
- Provide analysis of best practices of peer programs locally and beyond
- Provide analysis of additional funding and partnership opportunities.
- Provide recommendations and next steps about the future directions in a format that is accessible and present findings to staff, Peers and Board of Directors.
- Understanding of and experience with Harm Reduction services and Peer based programs within the context of not-for-profit community mental health and nursing organization.
- Recent experience in program evaluation utilizing a participant engagement and empowerment approach.
- Excellent verbal and written communication and facilitation skills and experience working with all stakeholder groups.
- Knowledge and understanding of issues affecting people who experience drug use, homelessness, mental health issues and poverty.
- The consultant will work the Management and Harm Reduction staff to develop the process for achieving the above. This will require interviews, focus group meetings and reviewing of internal and external documentation.
Submission Format and Content:
Please provide a brief overview describing your understanding of the scope, objectives, and requirements included in the RFP and your approach to managing the project requirements.
Please provide details about the following:
- Project Team and availability
- Experience –a description of your experience, and other types of similar projects completed.
- The approach and methods used to undertake this evaluation
- Detailed breakdown of budget, hours and timeline
- Three references from organizations that have used your services for a comparable project.
- Provide information regarding your philosophy and policies regarding client satisfaction
Deadline for submission: August 7,2015
Estimated contract start Fall 2015