Deadline August 9, 2015
Job ID: 6942
CUPE Local 1764
Open: Jul 16, 2015
Close: Aug 09, 2015
Data Analysis Coordinator
Reporting to the Commissioner and Medical Officer of Health, the successful candidate will complement the work of Epidemiologists to form a solid foundation for the reporting of health statistics in Durham Region.
The incumbent will:
- Provide consultation to Health Department managers and staff to support the collection and use of health data in planning and evaluating departmental programs
- Develop and/or maintain databases, spreadsheets, charts, maps and graphs to collect, analyze and report on relevant information
- Construct, collect, review and interpret questionnaires to determine effectiveness of the program, client satisfaction or trends and prepare/present reports
- Monitor and evaluate the status of population health and other relevant research at the community, regional and provincial level to support program planning and evaluation
- Collaborate with external agencies on data collection and analysis for health issues of concern to ensure departmental initiatives are relevant to the community
- Liaise with key stakeholders and represent Durham Region through committee participation, meeting attendance and establishing appropriate links within the community
- Lead the implementation of surveillance system and health status analysis and reporting, including the Rapid Risk Factor Surveillance System (RRFSS) and Health Neighbourhoods, and provide information to Health Department program managers and staff and community agencies regarding health knowledge, behaviours and outcomes
- Support knowledge translation to ensure that research findings and information products are actively and effectively shared with appropriate audiences and stakeholders
The successful applicant will possess:
- An Honours Bachelor of Science Degree with a major in health sciences or related field such as biostatistics, epidemiology or public health
- Previous work experience in conducting epidemiological research in a public health setting
- Demonstrated knowledge of quantitative and qualitative research/survey methodology (including statistics) and program evaluation methodology
- Expert skills in database management, data analysis and interpretation combined with applied knowledge of evidence-informed decision making
- Advanced proficiency with software applications including statistical packages (SPSS, Stata, SAS, NVIVO), Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Access
- Excellent written/verbal communication skills with strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work as an integral part of a team
- Ability to work independently and to problem solve with minimal direction while managing numerous projects simultaneously
- A valid Ontario Class `G' Driver's Licence and access to a reliable vehicle required
CUPE 1764 Salary Grade 9
This position is with Salary Grade 9 and will be paid at the following hourly rates:
- Start: $43.92
- Six Month: $46.36
- Job: $48.80
Criminal Reference and Vulnerable Sector:
A current acceptable Criminal Reference Check with Vulnerable Sector Clearance will be required for this position as a pre-condition to employment.
External Application Process:
Come find a home where exciting and rewarding careers are balanced with your lifestyle. We thank all applicants; however, only those being considered will be contacted. Please apply online (www.durham.ca) no later than midnight on the closing date indicated on the Job Posting.
The Region of Durham is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Note: If you require accommodation at any time throughout the application process, or if this information is required in an accessible format, please contact us at: RecruitingHelp@durham.ca and a Consultant will provide appropriate assistance pursuant to the Region's Accommodation and Accessibility policies. Please note that resumes should not be sent to RecruitingHelp@durham.ca.
Follow us on Twitter! http://www.twitter.com/regionofdurham
Like us on Facebook! http://www.facebook.com/regionofdurham