Deadline August 4, 2015
Do you have talents in project management and performance measurement/metrics? If your background includes Public Health, consider this exceptional opportunity where you can make a difference in helping to create a healthier Ontario.
What can I expect to do in this role?
Your role will include:
- providing leadership and subject matter expertise to public health units
- developing and maintaining key partnerships with stakeholders including public health units
- providing critical analysis and advice on health promotion strategies and public health initiatives
- developing and implementing performance management strategies and metrics for public health units
- leading and managing a variety of health promotion projects
Location: 777 Bay Street, Toronto, Ontario
How do I qualify?
Technical Knowledge and Skills:
- proven expertise in the field of public health and working knowledge of health promotion initiatives
- applied knowledge of performance measurement, performance management and program evaluation techniques and associated metrics
- demonstrated understanding of Ontario's public health and health promotion systems, population health and social determinants to provide expertise and provide input to the development of ministry strategies and policies
- demonstrated skills in developing policy strategies or frameworks and in the use of evidence in developing research tools, strategies, methods and techniques
Project Management Knowledge and Skills:
- applied skills in providing leadership on project and work teams
- project planning skills to manage concurrent projects, deadlines and competing priorities
- working knowledge of the principles, strategies and best practices of project management
Communication and Interpersonal Skills:
- communication and presentation skills to prepare and present complex research analyses, documents, reports and briefing papers
- negotiation skills to achieve accountability agreements with the ability to apply impact, influence and persuasion techniques
- facilitation and relationship management skills to partner with stakeholders and nurture productive working relationships with colleagues
Salary range: $67,590.00 – $99,600.00 per year
Please apply online, by August 4, 2015, by visiting http://www.ontario.ca/careers and entering Job ID 80215 in the Job ID search field. Please follow the instructions to submit your application online. Faxes are not being accepted at this time.
If you need employment accommodation, please contact us at http://www.gojobs.gov.on.ca/ContactUs.aspx to provide your contact information. Recruitment Services staff will contact you within 48 hours. Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
The Ontario Public Service is an equal opportunity employer. Accommodation will be provided in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code.