Deadline July 31, 2015
Job ID 15-0220
Public Health Ontario (PHO) is a Crown corporation dedicated to protecting and promoting the health of all Ontarians and reducing inequities in health. As a hub organization, PHO links public health practitioners, front-line health workers and researchers to the best scientific intelligence and knowledge from around the world.
PHO provides expert scientific and technical support relating to infection prevention and control; surveillance and epidemiology; health promotion, chronic disease and injury prevention; environmental and occupational health; health emergency preparedness; and public health laboratory services to support health providers, the public health system and partner ministries in making informed decisions and taking informed action to improve the health and security of Ontarians.
For more information about PHO, visit http://www.publichealthontario.ca
Position Title: Product Development Advisor
Department: Infection Prevention and Control
Duration: Permanent Full Time
Hours: 36.25 hours per week
Location: 480 University Avenue, Toronto
Compensation Group: AMAPCEO
Position Status: Open
Job Code: Group 3
Salary: $50,140 - $65,350 annually
Job ID: 15-0220
Posting Date: May 27, 2015
Revised Closing Date: July 31, 2015
The Product Development Advisor will support knowledge product development through the provision and coordination of resource adaptation and resource development for the Infection Prevention and Control (IPAC) department.
- Working with the Manager, IPAC Planning and Operations Support (POS), knowledge product developers from across the IPAC department, as well as designated communication staff, to ensure the branding, adaptation and development of knowledge products to contribute to the library of IPAC best practice documents and supporting tools and resources;
- Ensuring coordination of the development of high quality resources, including engaging subject matter experts and facilitating reviewer feedback;
- Working with the knowledge product developers to implement a plan ensuring that resources remain current and relevant;
- Working with the Communications Coordinator to plan for and coordinate material posted to the website;
- Coordinating with POS project coordinators to enhance the current IPAC product approval system (iPAS) to ensure effective and efficient review and approval processes; developing supporting documentation, as required;
- Organizing and participating in the development of webcasts/podcasts of content;
- Working with the staff to develop direct and indirect instructional content relative to using tools and products (e.g., Help Features) as well as subject matter content (e.g., workbooks and modules);
- Developing and maintaining collaborative working relationships with PHO staff;
- Contributing to PHO corporate business and operational planning processes;
- Performing other duties, as assigned.
Knowledge and Skills
- Knowledge of quality assurance principles, to coordinate input and feedback in order to update and enhance the IPAC department’s tools and products;
- Interpersonal, teamwork and relationship building skills; develop and maintain collaborative working relationships with PHO staff and subject matter experts;
- Experience working in a matrix management structure and within cross disciplinary teams;
- Ability to work under pressure and respond to deadlines in a fast-paced environment;
- Proficiency with various software programs (e.g. MS Office, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, Project 2003) and Adobe Suite;
- Experience working in a SharePoint environment and with SharePoint SLK;
- Familiarity with Adult Learning Principles.
Education and Experience
- Master’s degree in public health or health communications related discipline and/or combined relevant experience;
- Up to three years progressive experience in knowledge product and resource/tool development;
- Experience in a health-related organization or discipline.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please visit http://www.publichealthontario.ca/en/About/careers and click on the job title.
Your cover letter and resume must clearly indicate how you meet the qualifications/competencies.
Thank you for your interest in this position, however, only qualified candidates will be contacted for an interview.