Deadline August 6, 2015
Our client, the College of Physicians and Surgeons of Ontario (CPSO) is the self-regulating body for the province's medical profession. The College regulates the practice of medicine to protect and serve the public interest. It issues certificates of registration to doctors to allow them to practise medicine, monitors and maintains standards of practice through peer assessment and remediation and investigates complaints against doctors on behalf of the public.
Investigator (RN, Mental Health)
The College of Physicians and Surgeons of Ontario (the College) is seeking an experienced Registered Nurse (RN) to work as an Investigator to resolve complaints with respect to the practice, conduct or capacity of physicians and surgeons in Ontario. In this role you will:
- investigate complaints by identifying, obtaining and analyzing relevant information and documents;
- conduct interviews in person or via telephone, taking statements from parties and witnesses;
- explain College policies and procedures;
- communicate and correspond with parties and legal counsel throughout the investigation process; and,
- prepare and deliver investigative reports both verbally and in writing to committees and colleagues.
- A Registered Nurse (RN) in good standing with the College of Nurses of Ontario (CNO)
- A university degree with a minimum of 3 - 7 years recent hospital based experience in mental health and/or addictions
- Experience with psychiatric practice including dealing with mentally ill patients and medications
- A background in risk or general management is preferred
- Self-directed with ability to manage complex and competing priorities
- Experience with conflict resolution
- Proficient in MS Office
- Familiarity with quality principles and strategies, and working knowledge of the Regulated Health Professions Act, 1991 is considered an asset
- French language skills considered a strong asset
- Ability to travel throughout Ontario
The College offers a flexible 35 hour week and is located at 80 College St., Toronto, ON.
Compensation includes competitive salary, benefits and pension.
To apply, forward your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org by August 6, 2015.
For more information, please contact Sienna DiGiuseppe at email@example.com
or at 416-237-1500 ext. 231, or visit the College of Physicians and Surgeons of Ontario
HR Associates is the exclusive search partner to College of Physicians and Surgeons of Ontario. Please visit us at http://www.hrassociates.ca.