North York, Ontario
October 18-23, 2015
The OANHSS Administrator Leadership Program offers a six-day intensive learning opportunity focused on the core competencies for long term care home administrators. This program meets the requirement for administrators of 100 hours of instruction time in long term care home administration/management under the Long Term Care Homes Act, 2007. (For full details on administrator requirements under the Long-Term Care Homes Act, 2007, see sections 212 (4)(5) and (6) of O. Reg 79/10.)
This is a six-day intensive opportunity for you to totally immerse yourself in a program devoted to:
- Enhancing your leadership capabilities.
- Expanding your professional knowledge.
- Teaching new skills and approaches.
- Enhancing your professional relationships with colleagues.
The program content focuses on developing personal excellence in:
- Facility, program and community leadership
- Ethics and values in management
- Information systems management
- Effective communication
- Cognitive disorders
- Internal operations and project management
- Legal and regulatory accountability
- Financial planning and fiscal control
- Care management
- Client-centred care
Who Should Take This Program?
This program is targeted to individuals working in the long term care home sector (non-profit and for-profit) and to staff working in other areas of the long term care continuum, such as community services or supportive housing. It will be of interest to those who are relatively new to or who are aspiring to administrator positions, as well as those who have significant long term care experience.