August 25, 2015
Full-time, Permanent Position
The Peel Children and Youth Initiative (PCYI) is a collaborative organization working with more than 100 community partners to improve outcomes for children and youth (0-24 years) through practice, policy and system level changes. Reporting to the Executive Director, the Manager of Success By 6 Peel will lead PCYI’s early years work collaborating with more than 40 partners from the private and not-for-profit sector. The SB6 Committee serves as the integrated early years planning table for the Region of Peel (pre-natal – age 6).
Skills and Requirements: As the Manager of SB6, the successful candidate with have:
- A Masters’ Degree in Early Child Development, or an associated discipline
- Comprehensive knowledge of early child development and current public policy
- A minimum five to seven years’ experience working as a manager in children’s services
- Familiarity with community, early learning, child care, social and health service networks
- Proven project management, group facilitation and leadership skills
- Experience organizing, hosting, presenting and facilitating public meetings
- Very strong written and verbal communication abilities
- Experience and knowledge of research and evaluation methods
- Considerable experience leading community groups, Boards and committees with senior level volunteers and administrators
- Able to maintain positive relationships with funders and other stakeholders
- Familiarity with an anti-oppression framework
- Knowledge of the Peel social service sector and additional language capabilities will be considered an asset
- A valid driver’s license and daily access to a vehicle
PCYI is committed to diversity in the workplace and welcomes applications from individuals from all cultural backgrounds. Applicants are invited to submit their resume with an appropriate cover letter via email
no later than Wednesday August 25th, 2015 to Andrea Lue, Executive Assistant firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Salary Range for the position is $78-89k annually plus benefits.
Peel Children and Youth Initiative
50 Burnhamthorpe Road West,
4th Floor Link way, Suite 417,
Mississauga, ON L5B 3C3
PCYI appreciates all applicants. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.