Deadline August 23, 2015
Temporary full-time, ending September 2016
The Middlesex-London Health Unit is currently seeking a Public Health Nurse for a temporary full-time opportunity, ending September 2016, on the Healthy Communities and Injury Prevention Team within Environmental Health & Chronic Disease Prevention Services. The successful candidate will work with a team of multidisciplinary individuals as well as with community partners applying health promotion and prevention principles in a population health context. Topics of focus include injury prevention, specifically child injury prevention; healthy community design; rural health; and physical activity. The role will involve collaborative and independent work, requiring strong organization, time management, and communication skills.
- Baccalaureate Degree from an accredited nursing program (BScN)
- Current certificate of competence from the College of Nurses of Ontario
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, presentation, and facilitation skills
- Proficiency in the areas of documentation, Microsoft Office, website writing, and other software as required
- Knowledge and experience in population health strategy, health promotion, and prevention (specifically injury prevention, community coalition work, and collaboration with community stakeholders)
- Experience with policy development and program planning would be considered an asset
- Flexible work hours are required
- Valid Ontario Driver’s licence and own transportation required
- Ability to speak French and other languages would be considered an asset
Please see http://www.healthunit.com for further information about our programs and services.
To apply to this position, please submit all applications electronically via our Career Opportunities page by August 23, 2015 quoting posting # HCIPFTPHNOPP-0715-01.
Information concerning applicants is collected under the authority of the Health Protection & Promotion Act, R.S.O. 1990, c. H-7, as amended, and will be used to consider suitability for employment. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. The Health Unit is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Accommodations are available, upon request, to support potential applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. Should you require accommodation, please contact our Human Resources Department at 519-663-5317, extension 2512 or at email@example.com.
The Mission of the Middlesex-London Health Unit is to promote and protect the health of our community.