Deadline September 11, 2015
1 Web Specialist
Permanent, (CUPE 543.3)
Reporting to the Manager of Communications, the Web Specialist will support the development,
updating, and maintenance of the Windsor-Essex County Health Unit website, intranet, e- Learning courses, and associated web based applications. The Web Specialist will proactively identify and support web-based initiatives that enhance the reach and effectiveness of Health Unit programs and services. As part of a dynamic, multi-disciplinary team, the Web Specialist will assist the Health Unit in fulfilling its responsibilities consistent with the expectations of the Ontario Public Health Standards (2008) and other relevant legislation.
- Develop, measure, and maintain the corporate website, intranet, and e-Learning courses.
- Monitor, maintain, and manage Drupal Content Management System.
- Write reliable, reusable, documented code/scripts to perform the assigned actions.
- Convert visual mock ups into HTML and CSS with proper commenting in code.
- Assist with the design, planning, development, maintenance, and updating of the all Health Unit websites and e-Learning courses.
- Maintain required corporate images, branding, and messages across all forms of web communication.
- Ensure all websites are Accessibility for Ontarian with Disabilities Act (AODA) compliant.
- Perform other communication requirements as outlined in the Ontario Public Health Standards (2008) and the Ontario Public Health Organizational Standards.
- Ensure that all websites, e-Learning courses, and web based applications adhere to all privacy requirements outlined in the Health Unit’s Privacy Policies.
- Must work in compliance with the Occupational Health and Safety Act and all policies and procedures of the Windsor-Essex County Health Unit.
The position requires:
- A Diploma in Internet Applications and Web Development or a related field from an accredited college.
- At least four years of experience developing web-based interactive programs.
- Experience with the Drupal Content Management System.
- Experience using Learning Management Systems.
- Experience using email marketing service providers.
- Experience using MySQL or other database programs.
- Experience using web analytics and reporting services.
- A strong background in Internet based learning, education, and data management.
- A strong understanding of W3C standards and accessibility (AODA) standards.
- A working knowledge of designing, implementing, and testing dynamic Web applications built on Java, Python or PHP.
- Experience working with Secure Credit Card Transaction over the web and PayPal.
- Working knowledge of Adobe Creative Cloud, Microsoft Office, cascading style sheets, XHTML 1.0, Unix/Linux, Apache, Windows, and web application software (e.g., Flash,
- Creative thinking
- Experience developing User Interface (UI)/User Experience (UX)
- Keeps up to date with innovations and advances in web development and relevant web- based applications
- Commitment to evidence-based project/resource development, implementation, and evaluation
- High personal motivation, self-management, and detail-orientation
- Capacity to learn quickly and in a self-directed fashion
- Motivation to engage in and manage a wide range of tasks
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Excellent interpersonal, writing, and verbal communication skills
- An ongoing commitment to pursue relevant professional development opportunities
- A valid Ontario Driver's licence and access to a reliable motor vehicle during working hours
- A criminal clearance certificate must be provided at the applicant cost.
The following would be considered strong assets for this position:
- Competence in both official languages.
Qualified applicants are invited to forward a résumé and cover letter in confidence by email to firstname.lastname@example.org with Reference #47, Attn: Dan Sibley, Manager, Human Resources before 4:30 p.m. on Friday Sept. 11, 2015.
Your interest in a positon with the Windsor Essex County Health Unit it appreciated, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.