Deadline September 10, 2015
(12 month contract with option to extend)
Job ID 15-0307
Public Health Ontario (PHO) is a Crown corporation dedicated to protecting and promoting the health of all Ontarians and reducing inequities in health. As a hub organization, PHO links public health practitioners, front-line health workers and researchers to the best scientific intelligence and knowledge from around the world.
PHO provides expert scientific and technical support relating to infection prevention and control; surveillance and epidemiology; health promotion, chronic disease and injury prevention; environmental and occupational health; health emergency preparedness; and public health laboratory services to support health providers, the public health system and partner ministries in making informed decisions and taking informed action to improve the health and security of Ontarians.
For more information about PHO, visit http://www.publichealthontario.ca.
Position Title: Product Development Advisor, Health Promotion Capacity Building
Department: Health Promotion, Chronic Disease and Injury Prevention
Duration: Temporary full time (12 month contract with an option to extend)
Hours: 36.25 hours per week
Location: 480 University Avenue, Toronto
Compensation Group: AMAPCEO
Position Status: Open
Job Code: Group 3
Salary: $50,140 - $65,350 annually
Posting Date: August 26, 2015
Revised Closing Date: September 10, 2015
Qualified internal applicant(s) will be considered first.
Support knowledge product development through the provision and coordination of health promotion resource adaptation and resource development for the Health Promotion Capacity Building (HPCB) Team.
- Working with the Manager of Health Promotion Capacity Building, Senior Product Development Advisor, Health Promotion Consultants, and other relevant departments at PHO to ensure the adaptation and development of knowledge products for health promotion capacity building.
- Ensuring coordination of the development of high quality capacity-building resources, including engaging PHO and external subject matter experts and supporting reviewer feedback.
- Working with the Senior Product Development Advisor to implement a plan ensuring that resources remain current and relevant.
- Track, monitor, and follow-up on product development projects across the team.
- Assist with leading the development of audio presentations/podcasts of content.
- Working with team members to develop instructional content relative to using tools and products (e.g. Help Features, website content) as well as working with staff to develop subject matter content (e.g. workbooks and modules).
- Leading content and concordance review, with regular maintenance and updates of Online Health Program Planner (OHPP).
- Leading workshops and training sessions related to the OHPP content.
- Continuous user acceptance testing, collation of results, implementation of solutions, which includes coordinating with internal and external IT vendors.
- Leading and supporting (on a case by case basis) knowledge exchange and strategic communications planning in conjunction with product authors and Knowledge Services staff
- Updating e learning curriculum and supporting transfer to PHO e-learning platform.
- Developing and maintaining collaborative working relationships with PHO staff.
- Contributing to PHO corporate business and operational planning processes.
- Performing other duties, as assigned.
Knowledge and Skills
- Knowledge of quality assurance principles, to coordinate input and feedback in order to update and enhance the Health Promotion Capacity Building tools and products.
- Knowledge of evidence-informed decision making in public health.
- Strong commitment to quality with consistent attention to detail.
- Interpersonal, teamwork and relationship building skills; develop and maintain collaborative working relationships with PHO staff and external subject matter experts.
- Experience working in a matrix management structure and within cross disciplinary teams.
- Ability to work under pressure and respond to deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Proficient in reference management software such as RefWorks, including use of WriteNCite or other in-document citation features for MSWord
- Highly proficient in use of various software programs (e.g. MS Office, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, Project 2003) and Adobe Suite.
- Familiarity with e-learning courseware such as Articulate, Captivate an asset.
- Familiarity with Adult Learning Principles.
Education and Experience
- Master’s degree in public health or health communications related discipline and/or combined relevant experience.
- Up to three years of progressive experience in knowledge product and resource/tool development.
- Experience at a capacity building agency related to core areas: health promotion and the primary prevention of chronic diseases and injuries.
- Experience working in a SharePoint environment and working with SharePoint SLK.
- Experience and interest in knowledge exchange preferred.
- French fluency would be considered an asset.
- Experience in knowledge synthesis an asset.
- Experience with updating websites would also be considered an asset.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please visit http://www.publichealthontario.ca/en/About/Careers/Pages/Current-Job-Opp... or http://www.publichealthontario/careers and click on the job title.
Your cover letter and resume must clearly indicate how you meet the qualifications/competencies.
You should receive a response acknowledging your application to this position.
Thank you for your interest in this position, however, only qualified candidates will be contacted for an interview.