Deadline September 10, 2015
Contract position, Renewable up to 5 years
Covenant House, Canada’s largest shelter and support service for homeless youth, is a national leader and the country’s largest privately funded youth care agency. The agency raises almost 80 percent of its $21.8 million annual operating budget from donations. Covenant House is part of an international network of 21 sites spanning from Alaska to Latin America. The Toronto site has served almost 90,000 youth over the past 32 years and has the most extensive range of services under one roof.
The Health Promotion Coordinator will be responsible for the development, implementation and management of a 5 year project designed to improve /increase healthy outcomes for sexually exploited girls and women through a community development participatory action framework.
- Responsible for the identification, oversight and implementation of health promotion activities through a participatory action intervention framework
- Responsible for the development and implementation of a peer mentor program for this specialized population
- Responsible for the recruitment guidelines and orientation of eligible youth candidates to the program
- Responsible for the implementation of trauma informed group programming, including curriculum development, group facilitation and norm setting
- Responsible for the development of promotional program materials for partnering agencies and youth
- Responsible for the identification of volunteers needed to support identified health promotion activities
- Responsible for the development and delivery of trauma informed training to volunteers and peer mentors
- Assist in management of the partner relationships and participate in relevant service networks
- Participate in the collection of data required for research and evaluation and development of project reports for the funder
- Responsible for completing monthly program statistics and status reports
- Responsible for integrating this initiative into the agency’s human trafficking strategic plan
Master’s degree in Public Health or Social Sciences, or related area, Bachelor level with relevant experience; Extensive experience relevant to the primary duties of the position; Experience in project management; Experience in building and sustaining effective community partnerships, networks and coalitions; Experience in delivering group interventions within a trauma informed framework; Experience facilitating in a group setting; Excellent communication skills, organizational, problem-solving, interpersonal and time management skills; Familiarity with clinical issues related to gender based violence, sexual exploitation; Knowledge of group dynamics and facilitation strategies; Knowledge and sensitivity to the barriers experienced by marginalized populations to health promotion.
Interested candidates should submit their resume along with a cover letter to email@example.com by September 10, 2015.
Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
As an employer, Covenant House is committed to building an organization that reflects the diversity of our clients and the communities we serve. We encourage applications from qualified individuals who represent diverse communities.