Deadline September 3, 2015
The Perth District Health Unit (PDHU) is committed to providing people with a healthy, inclusive and accommodating workplace. PDHU is an equal opportunity employer and provides a dynamic and progressive work environment. We currently have an opening for a temporary full-time Dental Educator/Assistant beginning in September 2015 for approximately 5 months with the possibility of extension (funding dependent).
The Dental Educator/Assistant assists with the administration and delivery of community and school-based oral health screening, assessment and clinical services. The successful candidate will develop and implement preventive dental education programs in a variety of settings.
- Grade 12 plus Level One certification as a Dental Assistant with the Ontario Dental Assistants Association
- proficiency in oral and written communication and demonstrated interpersonal and organizational skills
- proven computer skills
- ability to provide culturally sensitive care
- terms and conditions of employment are in accordance with the CUPE Collective Agreement
- obtain and maintain a satisfactory criminal reference check with vulnerable sector screen
- immunizations in accordance with Board Policy including annual influenza immunization unless medically contra indicated.
- valid Ontario Driver’s License and access to a safe and well maintained vehicle suitable for carrying out duties on behalf of the employer.
Hours: 8:30 am – 4:30 pm; Monday – Friday
Wage: $23.75 - $26.41 per hour
Closing Date: September 3, 2015
Director of Community Health
Perth District Health Unit
653 West Gore Street
Stratford, Ontario N5A 1L4