Deadline September 30, 2015
The Dalla Lana School of Public Health (DLSPH) at the University of Toronto is pleased to announce a Call for Abstract Submissions for its annual student-led conference to showcase the work of individuals and organizations as it pertains to this year’s conference theme, Racism and Racial Health Inequities. The goal of this session is to facilitate knowledge exchange and increase awareness of the research, policy and practice taking place in Ontario and around the world, on the topic of health-related inequities that occur as a result of systemic and institutional racism. It will provide attendees with the opportunity to discuss their submissions in more detail, and learn about the work being done by others. Our hope is that this will encourage conference participants to take further action in developing future projects and research that focuses on reducing the health impacts of racism and mitigating racism in all of its forms.
About the Conference
- Title: Racial Justice Matters: Advocating for Racial Health Equity Theme: Racism and Racial Health Inequities
- Date: Friday October 23rd to Saturday October 24th 2015 Venue: Dalla Lana School of Public Health, University of Toronto
- Location: Toronto, ON
- Early submission deadline: Friday September 18th, 2015
- Final submission deadline: Wednesday September 30th, 2015
- Notification of acceptance: On a rolling basis
- Confirmation of attendance deadline: Friday October 9th, 2015
- Poster submission deadline: Tuesday October 20th, 2015
We are calling for YOUR contributions related to research, policy and practice for submissions for inclusion in our conference as poster presentations. We are looking for submissions that are related to the overall conference theme of Racism and Racial Health Inequities as well as one or more of the following sub-themes at it relates to public health.
- Aboriginal and Indigenous Health
- Gaining Skills and Tools for Anti-Racism Research and Practice Immigrant, Refugee, and Newcomer Health
- Environmental Racism and Built Environment Racialized Health in the Digital Age
- Systemic and Institutional Racism
For more information on abstract submission content and process, please visit http://www.racialjusticematters.com/submit-your-work/.