New Liskeard, Ontario
Deadline September 25, 2015
The Timiskaming Health Unit is seeking a dynamic individual to join its management team. Reporting to the Medical Officer of Health/CEO, the Program Manager is responsible for supervising, program planning, implementing and measuring outcomes of assigned programs and services consistent with the Ontario Public Health Standards. Successful completion of the role requires initiative, exceptional interpersonal and decision making skills. Assignment of a program area will be dependent on the skill set of the successful candidate. Current needs are for individuals with knowledge and experience in Environmental Health and/or Infection Prevention and Control.
- Successful completion of a Bachelor’s degree in nursing, environmental health or related health field is required;
- Master’s degree in public health or relevant field is an asset;
- Three (3) – Five (5) years of previous management experience, preferably in public health or health care;
- Demonstrated exceptional leadership, management and team building skills;
- Demonstrated ability to plan, implement and evaluate programs and services;
- Proven ability to be a team player while leading and providing guidance to front-line employees;
- Strong critical thinking and problem solving skills;
- Fluency in both official languages is an asset.
Applications will be accepted until September 25, 2015. Only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. Please apply to:
Manager of Corporate Services
Timiskaming Health Unit
247 Whitewood Avenue, Unit 43 P.O. Box 1090
New Liskeard, P0J 1P0
Timiskaming Health Unit is committed to an inclusive, barrier free environment. We encourage all applicants to self-identify their barriers on their resumes and/or cover letter in order to provide accommodations in all steps of the hiring process. This is to ensure that all are able to participate fully and equally during the recruitment and selection process.