October 25-30, 2015
The Chronic Disease Management Institute is a five-day unique and dynamic learning event designed for nurses and allied health professionals who work with patients living with chronic conditions. This event is hosted by the Registered Nurses’ Association of Ontario.
Participants will gain valuable knowledge and skills related to best practice guidelines and how to use them in prevention and management of chronic disease. This learning experience is an opportunity for you to join other health professionals to develop and shape a plan for improving chronic disease prevention and management in your practice and organization. In addition to our vibrant and knowledgeable expert speakers, the institute offers the opportunity to network, participate in interactive workshops, learn from your peers, and re-ignite your passion for healthcare!
This institute focuses on assisting participants to:
- Acquire knowledge on evidence-based practices associated with chronic disease management
- Raise awareness of health promotion and disease prevention initiatives in populations at risk for chronic disease
- Expand knowledge about relevant RNAO BPGs related to persons living with chronic disease
- Shape a plan for improving chronic disease prevention and management in your practice and organization
- Monitor and evaluate the effectiveness of chronic disease management programs and practices within your organization
- Maximize networking with colleagues
- Understand the prevalence of chronic disease in Canada
- Explore the role and history of the social determinants in chronic conditions in populations
- Integrated discussions of theory, and application sessions to prepare you to successfully create and lead successful initiatives in chronic disease management
- Interactive workshops and presentations
For more information and to register visit http://rnao.ca/events/chronic-disease-management-institute-1.