Deadline October 1, 2015
Location: Toronto preferred. Travel throughout Ontario is required.
Closing Date: October 1, 2015
Start Date: November 2015
For 30 years Health Nexus has been enabling communities to promote health in Ontario and beyond. We help organizations and individuals develop and implement prevention and health promotion strategies. We focus on fostering healthy child development; facilitating the creation of inclusive and engaged communities; promoting conditions that contribute to healthy communities; and influencing the development of healthy public policy.
Health Nexus seeks a Bilingual Communications Coordinator. This successful applicant will work with management to ensure a consistent brand and message across all facets of the organization, facilitates the development and implementation of marketing and communications strategies and resources in both English and French, including overseeing website and social media content.
- Coordinate the development and implementation of communications plans and strategies
- Contribute to development and dissemination of position statements and other related media releases. Write and/or edit news stories and op-ed articles, promotional materials, backgrounders, etc. Provide prompt, accurate information, and story ideas to the media.
- Actively identify and pursue opportunities to promote the organization and creatively convey its work
- Maintain content on Health Nexus websites and social media channels
- Coordinate the development and revisions of marketing and promotional materials for print and electronic use, including writing, editing and overseeing visual design
- Coordinate and monitor social media activities
- Coordinate, and contribute to the production and strategy for organizational newsletters
- Contribute to, edit and proofread materials such as resources, reports and proposals
- College or university graduation with a degree or training in public relations, marketing or related field or equivalent combination of experience and training; a minimum of two years’ experience in communications or media relations
- Knowledge of Canada’s not-for-profit and public health sectors, including federal and provincial political systems is an asset
- Effective written, editorial and speaking communication and interpersonal skills in both English and French. Demonstrated plain language writing skills.
- Demonstrated ability to access and work effectively with variety of media and communication forms, including online platforms.
- Ability to respond to sensitive inquiries
- Strong analytic, problem-solving and strategic skill
- Excellent time management skills and ability to multi-task; strong attention to detail
- Experience using content management systems and basic HTML and CSS skills an asset
- Works independently with minimal supervision and also as integral member of a team.
- Competent with word processing, presentation, email and publishing / design software, internet/intranet applications, listserv manipulation and other information management methods.
Please submit a letter of interest and resume, in confidence to:
Human Resources, Health Nexus
180 Dundas Street West, Suite 301
Toronto ON, M5G 1Z8
We thank all applicants for their interest. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Health Nexus is an equal opportunity employer.