North Bay, Ontario
Deadline September 29, 2015
Position: Program Manager - Healthy Living Program - Management/Non-Union
Hours of Work: Permanent – Full-Time – 35 Hours Per Week (1.00 FTE)
Effective: As Soon As Possible
Location: Main Office – North Bay
Additional Info: Vacant Position
Reporting to the Executive Director, Community Services and as a member of a multi- disciplinary management team, the program manager is responsible for the effective leadership, management and supervision of assigned staff and related service delivery in accordance with the Health Unit’s mission, vision, values (Health, Integrity, Excellence), objectives, policies and standards of the Board of Health. The manager is responsible for the planning, organization, direction, evaluation, and delivery of the program(s). As a member of the management team, the manager contributes to excellence in the leadership of the organization and participates with other members of management in the planning and decision processes aimed at enhancing the delivery of services. The manager ensures the program(s) within the portfolio operates in accordance with all legislated requirements, governing policies and procedures, and collective agreements.
Education, Experience, Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Baccalaureate degree in Science in Health Promotion, Applied Health Science or related discipline (Master’s preferred)
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in a public health setting
- Minimum of 3 years of progressive experience at a managerial level including supervisory skills
- Understanding of acts and regulations relating to Health Unit programs (for example, HPPA)
- Knowledge of legislation relating to Occupational Health and Safety Act and applying the act to practice
- Excellent communication skills (oral and written)
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated effective problem solving, conflict resolution, negotiation and mediation skills
- Excellent leadership skills as per LEADS Capabilities Framework
- Good persuasion and influencing skills
- Effective organizational skills
- Intermediate skills in applications and relevant data management software
- Ability to work under pressure
- Ability to set priorities, complete work, meet deadlines, and make decisions
- Ability to research and prepare proposals and briefs
- Ability to work flex hours, attend out of town meetings and attend evening meetings as required
- Requires a valid “G” Ontario Driver’s Licence and access to a reliable vehicle
As a condition of employment, the successful candidate will be required to provide a Criminal Reference Check including the Vulnerable Sector Check: recent, within four (4) months at their expense and will be required to comply with the Health Unit’s immunization policies. Applicants requiring accommodation for the interview are asked to make such requests when contacted for an interview.
The Health Unit is committed to supporting the incumbent in obtaining one of the above specified Masters degree, if desired.
Annual Salary: Minimum $80,790 To Maximum $95,047
Closing Date: September 29, 2015 At 4:00 P.M.
If you wish to be considered for this position, please forward your resume, cover letter and proof of education required for this position to the attention of:
Wendy Moore, Human Resources Assistant
Attention: Job Posting #2015/021
North Bay Parry Sound District Health Unit
681 Commercial Street
North Bay, ON P1B 4E7
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
Once posting is closed, please refer to the website for status of job posting.
The Health Unit is an Equal Opportunity Employer.