Deadlines September 29 (Internal) and October 2 (External), 2015
Davenport-Perth Neighbourhood and Community Health Centre (DPNCHC) is a multi-service community agency providing programs and services from early years to adults and primary health care to a diverse range of participants within a community development and health promotion perspective. Our Health Centre operates a busy family practice and our health team is seeking an energetic Nurse Practitioner that will work within his/her extended scope of practice to provide primary health care and promotion to the families in this community. You will work with a multi-disciplinary team of nurses, nurse practitioners, dietitian, physiotherapist, psychiatric consultant and other mental health professionals. This temporary contract is expected to start as soon as possible and go until end of December 2015.
Posted September 18, 2015
Internal/External Job Posting: Nurse Practitioner - 0.4 FTE position; 14 hours/week
This is a locum position beginning immediately and ends December 2015.
Posting No. 2015-017
The successful candidate will be expected to work one evening a week; work independently and as part of a team; work on and off-site including home and hospital visiting and may participate in on-call services.
- Previous experience in community based primary health care within a culturally diverse community, with corresponding knowledge and commitment;
- Baccalaureate nursing degree with Extended Class Certificate of Competence from CNO in primary health care;
- Excellent health assessment skills, sound clinical judgment and diagnostic skills;
- Demonstrated ability to manage clients with acute episodic and stable chronic illness;
- Ability to order/interpret results of screening, diagnostic lab tests, x-rays and ultra sounds;
- Experience prescribing drugs and knowledge of pharmacology;
- Ability to determine the need for and implement health promotion, primary and secondary prevention strategies for individuals, families and communities;
- Effective counselling and group development skills;
- Ability to interact positively with people of diverse cultures and marginalized populations;
- Demonstrated ability to work independently as well as an effective member of a multi-disciplinary team;
- Excellent written and oral communication skill;
- Word processing and computer literacy;
- Interest in exploring innovative service delivery approaches;
- Affiliation through language or culture with Caribbean, Hispanic or Portuguese communities considered an asset.
Start Date: Immediately
Salary Range: $75,528-$90,996 per annum, pro-rated to duration of contract. This position is not part of the bargaining unit.
Submit resume and cover letter to Posting No. 2015-017 to email@example.com or mail to 1900 Davenport Road, Toronto, ON M6N 1B7.
Due Date: Internal: 5 p.m., September 29, 2015; External: 5 p.m., October 2, 2015.
Davenport-Perth Neighbourhood and Community Health Centre encourages applications from candidates, whose background is diverse in terms of culture, race, language, religion, class, gender /sexual orientation, including those who may need accommodation. As a condition of employment, all prospective employees will be required to undertake a Vulnerable Sector Screening with Police Services. Only applicants selected for interviews will be contacted. No phone calls please.
DPNCHC is a perfume free environment.