Deadline October 22, 2015
Maternity – Full time - 1 year contract position
Start Date: December 2015
Hours of Work: 35 hours per week
Location: Cobourg, Ontario
An exciting opportunity is available for an Occupational Therapist to cover a maternity leave contract in a collaborative model of care as part of an interdisciplinary team led by committed family physicians in the Cobourg area. The Northumberland Family Health Team (NFHT) provides primary health care, including chronic disease management, health promotion and disease prevention.
The successful candidate will provide occupational therapy services to a wide variety of patients within the NFHT with a particular focus on geriatrics through our Seniors Assessment Clinic. The OT will provide support to patients and caregivers and will liaise with a team of geriatricians. In addition the OT will be responsible for ongoing program evaluation of the Seniors Assessment Clinic.
Qualifications, Skill and Experience
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Occupational Therapy and registration with the College of Occupational Therapists of Ontario (COTO).
- Previous experience in a primary care setting and particularly in work with geriatrics would be an asset.
- ADP authorizer status considered an asset.
- Strong written and verbal communication and familiarity with use of multiple EMR systems.
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills and excellent report writing skills
- Knowledge of local community support services and resources particularly related to seniors in Northumberland.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a collaborative team
Interested, qualified candidates are asked to submit a resume by October 22, 2015 to Tracy West at email@example.com. The Northumberland Family Health Team thanks all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.