Deadline October 15, 2015
We are looking for a full time Medical Receptionist that can meet all of these requirements, and will be an enthusiastic and efficient team player in our Medical clinic.
- Contributes to the effective provision of services by receiving and greeting clients and visitors both at the clinic and over the phone, directing them accordingly.r4
- Answers enquiries by phone and in person in a helpful, respectful and efficient manner.
- Prepares and processes correspondence.
- Ensures efficient and effective use of staff time by receiving calls and taking and directing messages to all staff.
- Coordinates patient care through the clinic – checking in, and preparing exam or treatment rooms for the next patient if needed.
- Ensures exam rooms are stocked appropriately.
- Ensures and maintains patient confidentiality and professional boundaries with patients.
- Assists in the care and maintenance of office equipment.
- Maintains facilities (waiting room, kitchen area, washroom facility) clean at all times.
- Cleans and sterilizes materials and instruments if applicable.
- Maintains the Electronic Medical Record, and updates physician schedules.
- Files/Scans all signed lab reports and clinical information such as referral letters and other correspondence in the charts.
- Arranges external referrals and notifies the clients accordingly.
- Operates and ensures the maintenance of the client appointment system including registration, and enrolment of clients and booking of appointments.
- Ensures daily distribution of mail.
- Collects fees for items/uninservices provided by the clinic to clients as required.
- Data entry as required.
- Provide secretarial support functions to the team as required.
- Prepares referral and consultation letters as directed.
- Maintains all reception resources, chart resources and resource directories.
- Maintains files, petty cash, inventory and ordering of office supplies.
- Performs general opening and closing procedures of the Clinic.
- Works collaboratively with other staff and employees.
- Assists providers as required.
- Assumes other related duties within the clinic as required.
- In addition, the Medical Secretary is also responsible for:
- Working in a manner that preserves confidentiality and seeks to minimize risk.
- Working in a manner that incorporates health promotion.
- Incorporating and strengthening collaborative and interdisciplinary teamwork.
- Respecting and valuing diversity of communities and individuals.
- Maintaining competence.
General Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of medical terminology.
- Proficiency with a computer including using the internet, the electronic medical record (OSCAR), Patient Serv and MS Office software.
- Skills in establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with patients, medical and clinic staff and the public.
- Works well in a team environment.
- Ability to read, understand and follow oral and written instruction.
- Excellent verbal, written, interpersonal and telephone skills.
- Has good judgment.
- Excellent understanding of medical abbreviations and terminology.
- Accurate, efficient typing and transcription skills.
- Enthusiastic, diligent, punctual and extremely well organized.
- Strong writing and research skills with attention to detail.
- Dedicated professional attitude; mature and willing to work.
Qualifications and Education:
- Diploma in Medical Office Administration or Business Administration
- Medical Secretary Certificate
- Additional training in computer software applications and/or secretarial skills, and asset
- Five or more years of medical office experience
- Experience with switchboard/multi-line telephone system
- Proficiency in typing and word processing.
- Knowledge and experience of computer software programs and proficiency in the use of computers.
- Demonstrated ability to be flexible, organized, self-started and possess excellent problem solving skills.
- Experience in working with the public and working within a team setting.
- More than 5 years experience as Medical Office Assistance or equivalent
- Word Processing and Computer Training
- Holds current CPR certification
Candidates that also hold a College of Medical Laboratory Technician Certification will be prioritized.
Please send your resume to: email@example.com by October 15th, 2015.