Deadline October 23, 2015
What can I expect to do in this role?
As a Program Coordinator, you will:
- Lead and/or participate in program and policy development
- Coordinate and oversee requests for proposals for transfer payment agencies
- Provide advice to Public Health Units and agencies
- Oversee program administration, including multi-year operating plans and budgets
How do I qualify?
- Demonstrated knowledge of financial approval processes for the assessment and recommendation of funding
- Knowledge of government decision-making process to participate in/lead the development of programs and policies
- Knowledge of the transfer payment process to develop and coordinate requests
- Demonstrated skills with computer applications for word processing, presentations, and spreadsheets
Interpersonal & Communication Skills
- Demonstrated consultation skills to provide advice and expertise to stakeholders
- Negotiation skills to lead discussions with stakeholders who have differing opinions and interests
- Facilitation skills to work with other ministries and stakeholders to develop and implement programs
- Demonstrated written communication skills to draft various documents and to provide information to senior officials and stakeholders
Research, Analytical & Problem-Solving Skills
- Demonstrated ability to research and investigate issues and policies, and recommend options and solutions
- Ability to identify trends and directions from multiple sources of information and develop options to assist with policy frameworks, and strategies
- Demonstrated ability to review and analyze proposals, strategic plans, and budgets
- Knowledge of research techniques for data collection
Salary Range: $62,667 - $90,300 per year
Please apply online, only, by Friday, October 23, 2015, by visiting http://www.ontario.ca/careers and entering Job ID 81302 in the Job ID search field. Please follow the instructions to submit your application. Faxes are not being accepted at this time.
If you require accommodation in order to participate in the recruitment process, please contact us at http://www.gojobs.gov.on.ca/ContactUs.aspx to provide your contact information. Recruitment Services staff will contact you within 48 hours.
Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
The Ontario Public Service is an inclusive employer. Accommodation will be provided in accordance with
Ontario’s Human Rights Code.