Deadline October 9, 2015
Full time - 5 month contract position
Start Date: October 2015
Hours of Work: 37.5 hours per week
Location: Toronto, Ontario
- The primary function of the smoking cessation coordinator is to provide ongoing support to organizations implementing the evidence-based RNAO Smoking Cessation Best Practice Guideline (BPG) The smoking cessation coordinator will assist in the execution of key deliverables related to the Nursing Best Practice Smoking Cessation Initiative, funded by the Ministry of Health and Long-Term Care.
Knowledge and Experience:
- Registered Nurse (Master’s Degree an asset) with current registration with the College of Nurses of Ontario
- A minimum of five years of experience in nursing with experience in Tobacco Prevention/Cessation. Knowledge of RNAO’s Smoking Cessation Guideline and related resources is required
- Knowledge of the principles of evidence-based practice and experience with implementation of RNAO Best Practice Guidelines
- Project management experience is an asset
- Skills in adult education approaches and change management strategies
- Completion of the Training Enhancement in Applied Cessation Counselling and Health (TEACH) training offered through the Centre for Addictions and Mental Health (CAMH) or equivalent
- Strong facilitation skills
- Excellent communication skills and ability to work with internal and external stakeholders
- Ability to work independently, set priorities, organize workload and meet deadlines
- Regular travel within Ontario to Smoking Cessation Implementation Sites is required. Valid Driver’s License required.
Full posting can be found here: http://www.rncareers.net/frontoffice/seekerViewJobDetailAction.do?siteco....
Please submit resumes to Sheila John, program manager by Friday October 9th, 2015 at 4:00 p.m.