North Bay, Ontario
No deadline noted
Position: Clinic Dentist - Management/Non-Union – Oral Health Program
Hours of Work: Temporary – Full-Time – 35 Hours Per Week (1.00 FTE)
Effective: January 25, 2016 to January 20, 2017 (Subject to Change)
Location: Main Office – North Bay
Additional Info: Leave of Absence
Working as a member of an interdisciplinary team, the successful candidate will provide ongoing clinical dental care to children and adolescents attending the Healthy Smiles Ontario dental clinic at the North Bay Parry Sound District Health Unit. This individual must be able to assess clients in a holistic manner, utilizing a broad understanding of priority groups and the social determinants of health to identify additional supports required by clients. This position reports to the Program Manager of Oral Health.
Education, Experience, Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Doctor of Dental Surgery Degree from a university recognized by the Royal College of Dental Surgeons of Ontario and eligible to practice clinical dentistry in Ontario
- Current member in good standing with the Royal College of Dental Surgeons of Ontario
- Current certification in CPR
- Knowledge of and competence in current clinical techniques and procedures, including the interpretation of client medical histories, diagnosis through visual examination and interpretation of radiographs, preventive and restorative services, oral surgery, periodontics and endodontics and infection control measures
- Knowledge of the various financial assistance programs, such as Children In Need of Treatment (CINOT); Ontario Works basic, emergency, discretionary services; and
- Healthy Smiles Ontario (HSO) eligibility requirements
- An understanding of Federal, Provincial and Municipal legislation and regulations such as the Health Protection and Promotion Act, Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act, Personal Health Information Protection Act (PHIPA), Royal College of Dental Surgeons of Ontario Practice Standards and Code of Ethics, Child and Family Services Act, Occupational Health and Safety Act
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (verbal and written); especially with youth and children
- Empathy and sensitivity to the needs of the target population
- Ability to form partnerships with Dentists and other care providers in order to ensure accessibility of dental care and treatment for priority groups
- Excellent computer skills for electronic record systems including web-based case management tools and creation of outcome reports
- Ability to support and project values compatible with the organization
As a condition of employment, the successful candidate will be required to provide a Criminal Reference Check including the Vulnerable Sector Check: recent, within four (4) months at their expense and will be required to comply with the Health Unit’s immunization policies. Applicants requiring accommodation for the interview are asked to make such requests only when contacted for an interview.
Hourly Rate: Minimum $70.00 to Maximum $82.28 (plus 4% vacation pay and 4% public holiday pay)
Closing Date: Will remain open to applicants until position is filled
If you wish to be considered for this position, please forward your resume, cover letter and proof of education required for this position to the attention of:
Wendy Moore, Human Resources Assistant
Attention: Job Posting #2015/026
North Bay Parry Sound District Health Unit
681 Commercial Street
North Bay, ON P1B 4E7
or Email: email@example.com
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
Once posting is closed, please refer to the website for status of job posting.
The Health Unit is an Equal Opportunity Employer.