North Bay, Ontario
Deadline October 13, 2015
Position: Research Assistant - OPSEU – Planning and Evaluation Services
Hours ff Work: Permanent – Full-Time – 35 Hours Per Week (1.00 FTE)
Effective: As Soon As Possible
Location: Main Office – North Bay or Branch Offices (Parry Sound or Burk’s Falls) with travel to North Bay
Additional Info: Temporary position has now become permanent
Reporting to the Manager of Planning and Evaluation Services, the Research Assistant supports programs and services in meeting the Ontario Public Health Foundational Standards, specifically components relating to population health assessment, evaluation, and surveillance. Work includes survey development, data management, extraction, and analysis, as well as summarizing and disseminating data collected for assessment and evaluation purposes. The Research Assistant also supports the maintenance of the Planning and Evaluation request support process and other organizational wide initiatives being led Planning and Evaluation Services. This position supports staff within Planning and Evaluation Services and also works directly with staff across the organization.
Education, Experience, Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Baccalaureate degree in science or health related area, or an equivalent combination of education and related work experience
- Minimum of two year’s experience in quantitative research
- Experience with statistical software packages (e.g. STATA) and data management software (e.g. EpiInfo)
- Demonstrated skill in quantitative statistical methods and understanding of basic applied research methodology required
- Flexibility to respond to varied and shared tasks associated with team functioning
- Self-motivated and able to complete assigned duties with minimal supervision
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with experience in report writing
- Intermediate to advanced-level skills with Microsoft Office applications, including a proficiency with Excel
- Strong interpersonal, organizational and problem-solving skills
- Demonstrated organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to work flex hours as required
As a condition of employment, the successful candidate will be required to provide a Criminal Reference Check including the Vulnerable Sector Check: recent, within four (4) months at their expense and will be required to comply with the Health Unit’s immunization policies. Applicants requiring accommodation for the interview are asked to make such requests when contacted for an interview.
Hourly Rate: Minimum $26.20 to Maximum $29.48
Closing Date: October 13, 2015 at 4:00 p.m.
If you wish to be considered for this position, please forward your resume, cover letter and proof of education required for this position to the attention of:
Wendy Moore, Human Resources Assistant
Attention: Job Posting #2015/025
North Bay Parry Sound District Health Unit
681 Commercial Street
North Bay, ON P1B 4E7
or Email: email@example.com
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
Once posting is closed, please refer to the website for status of job posting.
The Health Unit is an Equal Opportunity Employer.