Deadline October 18, 2015
Internal/External Job Posting
Every One Matters
Regular Full-time, Regional Diabetes Programs (SCREEN/Diabetes Central of Ottawa/Chiropody Programs)
Reporting to the Director, Diabetes Programs, the Regional Diabetes Programs Manager (RDPM) is responsible for the day-to-day operations of SCREEN, Diabetes Central Ottawa and the Champlain Diabetes Chiropody Program. The incumbent is responsible for supervising the staff of these programs and leads the planning, development implementation and evaluation of program activities in consultation with the Director, Diabetes Programs.
- Master’s degree in health, public or business administration or equivalent education and experience
- Demonstrated experience in community organizing and outreach.
- Basic understanding of principles of chronic disease risk assessment, screening, health system navigation for high-risk groups.
- Minimum of three years management experience, preferably within a multidisciplinary team in a health care setting
- Sound knowledge of general management principles, including financial and human resource management
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks/projects
- Strong critical analysis, problem solving, planning, decision-making, leadership, organizational and change management skills
- Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills
- Strong promoter and enhancer of teamwork
- Familiarity with management information/client tracking systems
- Demonstrated ability to model “client centred” service delivery
- Knowledge of and ability to work with diverse populations
- Proficient with word processing, spreadsheet and email software
- Experience with data collection systems and managing data collection
- Knowledge of/experience with chronic disease prevention and management, particularly diabetes
- Knowledge of and experience in working with immigrant and high risk populations
- Experience in community development and building complex partnerships
- The ability to communicate in another language (Arabic, Cantonese, Mandarin, Nepali, Somali, Spanish) is a definite asset.
- English, written and spoken
- French, written and spoken
Start date: November 30, 2015
Salary range: $71,934-$86,668/yearly
Excellent benefits package including Healthcare of Ontario Pension Plan (HOOPP)
How to “express an interest” for this opportunity:
Submit your letter of interest along with your résumé on or before October 18, 2015 by 11:59pm to email@example.com. Please note the following:
- The subject line of your email should read “Manager, Regional Diabetes Program”
- The file name for your resume should read: “(last name)_(first name)_ Resume”
- The file name for your cover letter should read: “(last name)_(first name)_ Cover Letter”
CCHC is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity in its workforce. Do not hesitate to contact us if you require alternative arrangements to submit your application.
Candidates with a disability requiring accommodations during the interview process should advise Human Resources so arrangements can be made.