Deadline October 23, 2015
Internal/External Job Posting
Every One Matters
Regular Full-time, Bilingual Health Promoter (Community Health Promotion & Early Years Programs (CHP/EYs))
The Health Promoter conducts and/or facilitates the coordination, planning, development, implementation and evaluation of community health programs and activities both at CCHC and in the community. The Health Promoter is also responsible for liaising and collaborating with appropriate agencies in the Ottawa community, participating in City-wide initiatives and supporting appropriate policy change. All activities are executed within a Population Health Promotion framework that embodies the social determinants of health, with a focus on food security and physical activity.
- Bachelor degree in health promotion, nursing, social work, or related discipline.
- Minimum of three (3) years’ experience as community health educator/health promoter or a related field.
- Specific knowledge related to work assignment.
- Experience facilitating groups and utilizing adult learning techniques.
- Ability to work well with marginalized groups.
- Knowledge of population health promotion model, and experience with a range of health promotion strategies (e.g. community organizing, advocacy for public policy).
- Proficient with Windows-based computer systems, in particular, basic e-mail and MS Word.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English and French
- Ability to work well independently and as part of multi-disciplinary team.
- Ability to work some evenings and weekends.
- Verbal communication skills in Arabic, Mandarin, Cantonese, Somali or Spanish.
- Experience and skills in proposal writing
- English, written and spoken
- French, written and spoken
Start date: December 2015
Salary range: $47,393-$57,100/yearly
Excellent benefits package including Healthcare of Ontario Pension Plan (HOOPP)
How to “express an interest” for this opportunity:
Submit your letter of interest along with your résumé on or before October 23, 2015 by 11:59pm to email@example.com. Please note the following:
- The subject line of your email should read “Bilingual Health Promoter (HP1)”
- The file name for your resume should read: “(last name)_(first name)_ Resume”
- The file name for your cover letter should read: “(last name)_(first name)_ Cover Letter”
CCHC is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity in its workforce. Do not hesitate to contact us if you require alternative arrangements to submit your application.
Candidates with a disability requiring accommodations during the interview process should advise Human Resources so arrangements can be made.