Deadline October 24, 2015
The position provides communication support to the implementation and work of initiatives and projects including:
Central East LHIN initiatives including:
- Central East Health Links
- Behavioural Supports Ontario (BSO)
- Central East Self-Management
- Centralized Diabetes Intake and Centre for Complex Diabetes Care, among others.
- Central East CACC Annual Report to the Community
- Development of patient stories and videos
Reporting to the Central East LHIN Initiatives PMO Senior Manager, the Communications Coordinator will work collaboratively with the program and project managers responsible for the various Central East LHIN initiatives administered and housed within the Central East CCAC.
The Coordinator will provide communications leadership and support to the work of related communications working groups to develop and implement communications strategies, plans and tools that will meet the needs of the various Central East CCAC and LHIN programs and initiatives.
The Communications Coordinator will:
- Ensure consistency of branding and key messaging for specific Central East LHIN initiatives/projects and programs housed within the CCAC
- Develops clear, accurate and consistent materials that contribute to a recognizable, credible, and consistent identity
- Development of relevant materials for each program
- Build stakeholder relationships and work together with various stakeholder groups to leverage the partners' existing communication channels to achieve the communication strategy objectives as appropriate
- Identify, develop and manage new communication strategies, tools and tactics as required
- Work closely with the Central East CCAC Communications Portfolio to develop communication materials and determine appropriate existing and/or new communications channels for both internal and external information sharing
- Coordinate and ensure alignment of communication and engagement activities
- Explore and implement social media tools and,
- Monitor and measure related communications, for the purpose of adjusting communication strategies as required.
Minimum Qualifications & Position Requirements:
- University degree and/or post-graduate college certificate in communications, journalism or equivalent with a minimum of two to three years of experience in an intermediate communications role
- Exceptional writing, editing and proof-reading skills combined with the ability to plan strategically and work in a complex, fast-paced environment
- Experience interviewing, writing and editing across the full spectrum of communication tools including patient stories, video scripts, news releases, brochures, newsletters (print and electronic), posters, presentations and web
- Experience juggling multiple priorities, meeting tight deadlines and working independently
- Demonstrated ability to develop and sustain effective working relationships with multiple and diverse stakeholders including healthcare professionals, patients, caregivers, and a variety of community healthcare providers
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office tools, and a basic proficiency in photography, graphic design and web-based software (preferred)
- Demonstrated experience with current and emerging social media platforms and related tools, including, video production for YouTube and/or Vimeo, Twitter and Facebook and,
- Experience in the Ontario health care sector (preferred)
- Ability to speak and write other languages (other than English) that are representative of the Central East LHIN is considered an asset.
Please apply using the following link: https://ccac.njoyn.com/CL4/xweb/XWeb.asp?tbtoken=YFtfRh1YQ1U4ZAZ4NVdQYVZ...