Deadline October 26, 2015
1.0 FTE 1 year contract, Parental leave coverage
The Stonegate Community Health Centre is recruiting a Medical Secretary for a one year contract. The centre provides programs and services aimed at people who face the highest barriers to healthcare in the Stonegate-Queensway community. The Medical Secretary will function as a supporting member of the family practice team and contribute to the effective provision of Stonegate CHC services.
This position is a 1-year parental-leave coverage for a 1.0 FTE position, beginning in November 2015. The role includes working 3 evenings per week.
Salary Range: $35,326 - $38,848 commensurate with experience.
- Receive and greet visitors and clients, assess their needs and direct them accordingly
- Answer calls on our multi-line phone system, take messages, screen and redirect calls as appropriate; check and respond to voicemails
- Receive and manage faxes, documents and deliveries as appropriate
- Maintain an efficient and organized reception and waiting area
- Monitor the waiting area to ensure client flow is optimized
- Receive and receipt money for purchased services or medications
- Book client appointments in the electronic scheduler
- Arrange for services required to facilitate the appointments such as childcare, interpretation and transportation
- Arrange for consultations and diagnostic tests as directed by the health care provider
- Contact patients to remind them of appointments as appropriate.
- Assist with the distribution, collection and data entry of client registration information
- Create electronic charts and paper folders
- Review and update client information as required
- Scan and manage incoming documents as required
- Coordinate file transfer in the event of transfer of care to or from our practice.
- Attend and participate in weekly Administrative Team Meetings
- Coordinate all outgoing mail and appropriately distribute incoming mail
- Open and close the Health Centre according to procedures
- Perform various clerical and administrative functions, such as ordering and maintaining an inventory of supplies and ensuring office equipment is maintained
- Other duties as assigned.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills.
- Good common sense, with a strong sense of professional responsibility.
- Good computer skills including Windows and Microsoft Office.
- Ability to work effectively within a team.
- A Medical Secretary certification and/or a minimum of 3 years of administrative and customer service experience, is considered an asset.
- Experience with electronic medical records, in particular Nightingale on Demand, is considered an asset.
- Experience working with marginalized populations is considered an asset.
- Fluency in Spanish, Russian or Ukrainian is considered an asset.
Submit your resume, cover letter and a response to the following questions:
- What is the role of medical secretaries in delivering good customer service?
- Describe the impact of the social determinants of health on a person’s wellbeing.
- Are you available on Tuesday November 10, the interview date for selected candidates?
Applications must be submitted in either in Word or PDF format to email@example.com.
The deadline for applicants is 12 noon on Monday October 26.
The Stonegate Community Health Centre is an equal opportunity employer. We would like to thank all those that apply but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.