Deadline October 30, 2015
Gambling Research Exchange Ontario (GREO) is an independent knowledge translation and exchange (KTE) organization that aims to eliminate harm from gambling. We are the provincial leader in gambling research and KTE, with a strong legacy for building capacity in Ontario, Canada and internationally. The work we do is intended for researchers, policy makers, gambling regulators and operators, and treatment and prevention service providers. We support evidence-informed decision making in responsible gambling policies, standards, and practices. Prior to April 2015 GREO’s name was the Ontario Problem Gambling Research Centre (OPGRC).
We are seeking Plain Language Writers to write summaries of research articles for GREO’s Knowledge Repository. Writers will be trained in the format and style of the plain language synopses and on gambling-related content. Articles for summary will be selected for you.
Writers will work with GREO staff to produce 1-2 summaries on a weekly basis.
Writers will be paid $100 per completion of each summary.
- Excellent writing and editing skills
- Demonstrated ability to critically read and appraise academic research and synthesize complex ideas in a clear and concise manner
- Some understanding of readability and readability tools
- Experience in plain language is an asset
- Experience/interest in research and knowledge transfer and exchange
- Expertise in MS Word
To apply, please send the following by 4pm on Friday, October 30, 2015 to Sarah@greo.ca:
- Resume and cover letter
- A sample of writing from the past two years
- Please complete a summary of the article indicated below
Article: Hodgins, D.C., & Holub, A. (2015). Components of Impulsivity in Gambling Disorder. International Journal of Mental Health and Addiction. DOI 10.1007/s11469-015-9572-z
Please visit http://greo.ca/opportunities/plain-language-writers for a complete description of the position and article summary assignment.
Applicants must be available for a paid training. Details will be provided at a later date.
Please direct any questions to email@example.com.