November 4 & 5, 2015
9:30 a.m.-4:30 p.m.
519 Community Centre Ballroom, 519 Church Street
Toronto Public Health is pleased to announce the pilot of this new, free, two-day workshop, designed and lead by community partners with the support of Toronto Public Health facilitators.
“Openings" focuses on the intersections of community mental health and substance use and is framed around the ways in which the harm reduction and recovery approaches support one another to enrich service provision.
This workshop features over 10 excellent community speakers covering a variety of topics including:
- understanding the harm reduction and recovery framework;
- rapport building with motivational interviewing;
- supports for running peer groups;
- promoting connection through restorative justice;
- street and prescription drug interactions;
- and working from a harm reduction framework with folks with acquired brain injuries, ADHD and mood disorders.
As well, workshop participants will enjoy drumming with "Rhythmic By Nature."
To register, email Toronto Health Connection firstname.lastname@example.org. Please let us know at registration if you have a need for special accommodation.
Questions? Call 416-338-7600.