November 20-22, 2015
Through our work in planning this conference, we have been continually inspired by the people and activities involved with local food in the Greater Sudbury area. We are hoping to celebrate this with our conference attendees and invite you to be a part of this celebration.
Digging Deeper, the 2015 conference theme, is not only a reference to the region’s mining history, but also an acknowledgement of the state of work and innovation in the local, sustainable food value chains of Ontario. This theme acknowledges our collective need to bring together diverse sectors to generate action on food and farm issues, as well as the need to ask and answer tough questions about these issues. Together, we will search for a deeper understanding of these issues and grow a stronger connection between groups and individuals to foster change. From food policy and food access to business support and the environment, the 2015 program will cover a diverse range of topics and make space for new and ongoing conversations. Over the three days, we will break down barriers, forge new alliances and support each other in working together for a better future. We endeavour to highlight the Greater Sudbury region wherever possible over the course of the three days.
Here is some of what you can expect at this year’s conference:
- Over 350 attendees from across the food movement including advocates, farmers, chefs, decision-makers, funders, and academics.
- 3 days of exceptional programming, including plenary and break-out sessions, a keynote address, unique site tours, and social occasions all highlighting good food work in Ontario.
- More than 30 sessions featuring expert speakers, roundtable discussions, and cross-sector collaboration.
- A Feast of Local Flavours highlighting the best of the Greater Sudbury area.
- More than 12 hours of dedicated tradeshow and networking time.
For more information on past Bring Food Home conferences, exciting session details, and registration, please visit http://www.bringfoodhome.com.