Deadline November 13, 2015
The Middlesex-London Health Unit has an exciting opportunity for a full-time Executive Assistant to the Board of Health and Communications. The Executive Assistant reports to the Manager of Communications and provides professional and confidential executive administrative support to the Board of Health and to the Communications team. Initiative, discretion, and efficiency, combined with excellent problem solving and communication skills are required for success in this challenging and rewarding position. This position requires flexible working hours and some evening work.
The Executive Assistant coordinates the revision process, and completes the formatting, printing, collating, distribution, and uploading of Board of Health reports and agenda packages to the MLHU website in preparation for Board of Health meetings. Attendance at all monthly Board of Health meetings and other Standing Committee meetings for set up, minute-taking, and follow-up is required. In addition, this position is an integral member of the Communications team, providing support for the maintenance of the MLHU website, media releases and interviews, graphic projects, coordinating printing, and the Health email. The successful incumbent will also provide backup coverage for the Executive Assistant to the Medical Officer of Health, the Online Communications Coordinator, and the Marketing Coordinator.
- Successful completion of a post-secondary program in Business Administration.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in administrative work for a senior administrator.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality, exercise tact and discretion, and employ effective communication, decision making, and interpersonal skills with all levels of staff, Board of Health members, representatives of all levels of government, suppliers, designers, the media, and the general public.
- Ability to multi-task, handle changing priorities, and apply excellent time management and organizational skills.
- Advanced skills in project management and Microsoft Office.
- Experience in social media and website maintenance is preferred.
- The ability to communicate in French and other languages would be considered an asset.
Please see http://www.healthunit.com to apply for this position and for further information about our programs and services. Please apply by November 13, 2015, quoting position #EACOM-1115/01, to:
Middlesex-London Health Unit
50 King Street, London ON N6A 5L7
Information concerning applicants is collected under the authority of the Health Protection & Promotion Act, R.S.O. 1990, c. H-7, as amended, and will be used to consider suitability for employment. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. The Health Unit is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Accommodations are available, upon request, to support potential applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. Should you require accommodation, please contact our Human Resources Department at 519-663-5317, extension 2512 or at email@example.com
The Mission of the Middlesex-London Health Unit is to promote and protect the health of our community.