Deadline November 16, 2015
Huron County Health Unit Requires a
One Half-time Temporary (12 Months) Public Health Promoter
The Health Unit currently has an opening for one .5 temporary Public Health Promoter for 12 months with possible extension. The successful candidate will be part of a multidisciplinary team to plan and implement public health programs.
- Baccalaureate degree in Health Science, Social Science or other related discipline, a specialization in health promotion is an asset
- Knowledge of health promotion strategies, population health approaches, behaviour change theories, policy development, community development, group facilitation
- Program planning and evaluation knowledge and skills
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, both written and oral
- Excellent organizational, time management and group facilitation skills
- Demonstrated ability to work with a multi-disciplinary team
- Capacity to develop good public relations and community partnerships is essential
- Excellent computer skills
- Own transportation for work related travel
Salary Range: As per Collective Agreement
Please forward cover letter and resume in one PDF document by 4:30 p.m. Monday, November 16, 2015.
Human Resources, County of Huron
1 Courthouse Square
Email: humanresources [at] huroncounty [dot] ca
The County of Huron is an equal opportunity employer. Accessibility accommodations are available for all parts of the recruitment process. Applicants need to make their needs know in advance.
Only those individuals selected for an interview will be contacted. Information is collected solely for the purpose of job selection under the provisions of the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act.